2013-2014 Positivity Thread

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Mike Gillis just said this about Anaheim in a letter to the fans.

"Our mission remains the same: to win the Stanley Cup. Last summer we said we had to make some changes to our team. We need to get younger, faster and stronger to succeed. That process is happening now, as we look to retool by surrounding our veteran stars with new, young talent. You can look at Anaheim as a recent example of a team that has retooled successfully."

Pretty high praise if you ask me...GMBM and the scouting staff certainly deserve it. :)

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Mike Gillis just said this about Anaheim in a letter to the fans.

"Our mission remains the same: to win the Stanley Cup. Last summer we said we had to make some changes to our team. We need to get younger, faster and stronger to succeed. That process is happening now, as we look to retool by surrounding our veteran stars with new, young talent. You can look at Anaheim as a recent example of a team that has retooled successfully."

Pretty high praise if you ask me...GMBM and the scouting staff certainly deserve it. :)

I disagree with it though, a retool is generally trading older players of for youngers ones.

For the most part this team has been built through the draft/free agents, we have gotten lucky with some of our minor dealings that turned out great and great scouting has helped too. Didn't really retool or rebuild, just had patience to wait for our young guys.

Nothing says improving the team like losing 7-4 to a team without its top player, he made a huge mistake with not trading Kesler, really screwed us over too.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I disagree with it though, a retool is generally trading older players of for youngers ones.

For the most part this team has been built through the draft/free agents, we have gotten lucky with some of our minor dealings that turned out great and great scouting has helped too. Didn't really retool or rebuild, just had patience to wait for our young guys.

Nothing says improving the team like losing 7-4 to a team without its top player, he made a huge mistake with not trading Kesler, really screwed us over too.

I think we retooled pretty good. Our scouting staff whether it be professional or amateur certainly deserves tons of credit.
Getting Winnik cogliano fistric perreault bones. Those were really great trades by the professional scouts. And obviously our junior scouting staff has been pretty darn good for sure.
That's what I deem as a retool. We've definitely gotten younger the past couple years and we have quite a few youngsters in our lineup lately.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We definitely retooled. Retool is a word that has been thrown around since Murraytook over in 2008. There were plenty of growing pains along the way especially on the backend after dealing Pronger and letting Beauchemin walk.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.We are not the worst team in the league.

Ugh, 21 times, can I stop now!?

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Couldn't think of a better place to put this but here goes.

While fishing for stats in order to procrastinate at work I discovered Cogliano has as many even strength points as Alex Ovechkin. Also discovered Getzlaf has a higher even strength points per game average than Crosby. Perry right behind the two of them as well.

It really illuminates how strong this team is 5 on 5. Our power play is totally middle of the pack yet we're still among the top teams in the league and set the record already for wins. Can you imagine the amount of wins we'd have if we had a top power play too?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Couldn't think of a better place to put this but here goes.

While fishing for stats in order to procrastinate at work I discovered Cogliano has as many even strength points as Alex Ovechkin. Also discovered Getzlaf has a higher even strength points per game average than Crosby. Perry right behind the two of them as well.

It really illuminates how strong this team is 5 on 5. Our power play is totally middle of the pack yet we're still among the top teams in the league and set the record already for wins. Can you imagine the amount of wins we'd have if we had a top power play too?

We had to have a flaw somewhere. So we invented the "Power Kill". It's simply unexplainable. We're a great 5v5 team, but when we have the extra player, we don't play the same way. odd. If we figure that out, then we'd be amazing! Here's hoping that Robias get his legs into rhythm again so we get more shots going to the net.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Positives

Set franchise record for wins in a season
Set franchise record for most consecutive wins in a season with 10
Set franchise record for most consecutive home games without losing in regulation when they went 20-0-2
Set franchise record for most goals scored in a game with 9
Set franchise record for biggest win +8 goal differential
Set franchise record for most powerplay goals scored in a game with 6
Set franchise record for most shots in game with 56
Set franchise record for most consecutive home wins to start a season with 8
Set franchise record for most consecutive home wins with 10
Set franchise record for most road wins in a season
Set franchise record for most non shootout wins in a season
Set franchise record for the biggest comeback in franchise history coming back to win when trailing by 4 goals

Potential record to set most home wins in a season. Need to win both remaining home games to set the record.
Potential record to set most points in a season. Need to pick up 3 points from 5 remaining games.
Potential record for most amount of goals scored in a season. Need to score 8 from remaining 5 games.

Potential to win a division championship from back to back seasons for first time in team history

Potentially could win their 1st ever Presidents Trophy however it is very unlikely.

Currently have the best goals scored per game average in the NHL. They could possibly finish at #1 in the NHL in that category for the 1st time in franchise history.

Have the best record in the NHL when giving up the 1st goal of a game. Only team with a winning record in such situations.

2nd best team playing 5 on 5 in the NHL only behind the Bruins

Ducks are a 4 forward line team. Great depth everywhere from defense to forward to goaltending.

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
I appreciate reading all the insights that you guys have and I know we're all impassioned about the team, but I have decided to bump this in case anyone wants to comment on the good that transpired this season.

If Silf ever finds the right centerman, he's going to be an impressive 2-way player.
Sami played well enough in the postseason to likely go into training camp as a favorite to win a spot amongst the 7 that well carry.
Gibby will be a gem.

And of course, we got to appreciate the legend one more time.

THANK YOU, 2013-2014 ANAHEIM DUCKS!!! If nothing else, the ride was entertaining as hell.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Frachise record in wins. Didn't win it all but got to see a lot of good hockey over the season.

Teemu went out playing his best hockey of the year.

Lindholm is going to be a stud.

Gibby looked like he will be ready in a year or so.

Not a first round exit

There is probably more, but these popped up first.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Not necessarily. If anything that's a move that initiates a rebuild.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Frachise record in wins. Didn't win it all but got to see a lot of good hockey over the season.

Teemu went out playing his best hockey of the year.

Lindholm is going to be a stud.

Gibby looked like he will be ready in a year or so.

Not a first round exit

There is probably more, but these popped up first.

what I'd like to add was seeing the original Mighty Ducks throwback jerseys on the ice again. :)

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
We are set up to compete now and Win and win big for a long time. Tons of young talent, draft picks, trade chips, etc. We've constantly been rated the #1 talent pool in the NHL.

Whenever I hear Kings fans chirping I just say "Our time will come." The Kings have an aging roster with a couple of really good prospects. We have an extremely young roster with tons of high level prospect talent. Future is exciting here!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah...the pipeline is as good as it's ever been and if we keep our picks in the draft it will only get that much stronger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->