2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
12?! Don't they know we have Koivu as our #1 center? We should be 29th. :laugh:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
12?! Don't they know we have Koivu as our #1 center? We should be 29th. :laugh:

if we're 29th, whos 30th??? they left out the most important factor in rankings , the skate size. didnt shep have 15's? i thought i heard on the tv last nite the koivu brothers own a restaurant , anybody know the name? anygood? cheers!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
i thought i heard on the tv last nite the koivu brothers own a restaurant , anybody know the name? anygood? cheers!

I heard the same thing...Couple of guesses at the name:

- Mikko's Slow Cooked Rib Joint
- Slow Finn
- Low and Slow
- Snail's Pace

:razz:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yep. It wasn't the pricey vets that got it done during the powerplay. It was these guys. Poor things don't know any better. Someone needs to tell them that Wild players aren't suppose to create chances and score on the PP.

KidUnit_zpse4a1f849.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yep. It wasn't the pricey vets that got it done during the powerplay. It was these guys. Poor things don't know any better. Someone needs to tell them that Wild players aren't suppose to create chances and score on the PP.

KidUnit_zpse4a1f849.jpg

:laugh: I was calling them the Kid Unit last night at the game! The vets would go to the bench and the kids would come out and I'd say.. "OK, here's the kid unit on the PP, now we'll get some chances!"

They looked better than the vets did for sure...

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

KidUnit_zpse4a1f849.jpg

That's freakin' brilliant! :laugh:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Ha. That's amazing :laugh: Gotta admit I was a little scared at first when they took the PP on their hands but they proved to be trustworthy. Didn't force plays / take too risky decisions.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

KidUnit_zpse4a1f849.jpg

This is freakin brilliant! :biglaugh:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
We got to come up with a good nickname for the kid PP unit. Something like a boy band name. I can't think of anything good right now. They all come from different nationalities so maybe someone can think of something clever off that fact.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
We got to come up with a good nickname for the kid PP unit. Something like a boy band name. I can't think of anything good right now. They all come from different nationalities so maybe someone can think of something clever off that fact.

The Jonas 5.

The All Tomato

Yeo, Yeo, Yeeeoooo
Jul 7, 2012
Minnesota

One deflection
Goal-Town
New Kids in the Slot

The opportunities are endless. :laugh:

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Hey guys! I'm sorry GDT isn't up yet. Power has been out here in CA, some pretty tough winds.

Ill get to it right now.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Yeo basically benched Dumba for the 3rd period tonight in the tie game. That's a no no, I understand his reasoning, but if you don't trust the kid (who was playing well) then don't have him here at all and send him back to Red Deer. But if you are going to keep him, play him late in games. He certainly would've been better then Scandella tonight.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Russo sent out a series of tweets.

#mnwild has day off today. Whomever the callup for Coyle will end up being will solely have to do w what lineup coaches want in Nashville
If want a center, Haula. If move Granlund to C (likely) & keep Nino on 2nd line, McMillan/Veilleux likely. If move 22/15 down, Zucker likely
If I'm #mnwild, I move Heatley to 3rd line, have Zucker-Granlund-Nino 2nd line & keep what was a great Fontaine-Konopka-Mitchell 4th line

So Russo says if he was in charge, he'd have:

Parise - Koivu - Pominville
Zucker - Granlund - Nino
Cooke - Brodziak - Heatley
Fontaine - Konopka - Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad