2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I got to wonder what the hell is up with this team. Yes, the Wild have constantly outplayed their opponents but that has only put 2 points on the board. Hell Colorado has won all three of their games. They crushed Anaheim, won against Nashville and Toronto.

I could see the first game as they get back into it but really?

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Definitely not the start I was expecting. Already at the bottom of our division. No where to go but up. This team needs to start scoring more 5on5. They are tied for last with 2. Can't always rely on getting PP chances. The next two games are at home against division opponents. They better come away with at least one win. If not, not sure what they'll do. Not a lot of coaching options.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
Well, we usually start out hot only leading to failure. Maybe starting off slower is a good thing. :laugh:

That's what I have been quietly hoping. I guess better a slow start & a big finish as opposed to hot start, big collapse..

My biggest fear is that I don't want a Columbus 2012/13 style strong finish where we get it together too late just to miss the playoffs on the last day and end up picking 15th in the draft. aka the muddled middle... So I can handle a slow start as long as the big finish isn't too little too late...

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Well, we usually start out hot only leading to failure. Maybe starting off slower is a good thing. :laugh:

Funny, was thinking that last night too, though a slow start could cost Yeo his job so that would not be good for him, whether that would be good for the team at this point i'd still say no.

Yeo has taught a new system his players you can see picking it up in these first 3 games by the way defenseman are jumping into the play.

Most importantly, the team is still playing hard for him, you know Yeo is finished if we start playing like the Flyers did for Laviolette, but for now I don't think he's a problem. Team is playing hard, just not consistent yet.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
What video?? :D

Welcome fellow Finn. So many of us, bwahaha.

Mr_Burns_150x176.jpg

In the video Ballard says poop in a bad way if I recall correctly.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
With Devin Setoguchi now skating in Winnipeg, the song now played in the dressing room after Wild victories is, … wait for it, … Macklemore’s Thrift Shop. Is that better or worse than the Pit Bull’s Don’t Stop the Party that used to blast in there?

Ehh..

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hopefully he shows up to play because he certainly hasn't so far this season.
You're joking right?! The guy is a threat to score every game! He's played great defensively and has really good chemistry building with Granlund already, and is a big reason why the PP has been improved this season.

The points will come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad