2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Dumba should be returned to Red Deer after 9 games. Why burn his contract when we don't need to? I got some concerns he's not physically ready for the NHL and another year in Red Deer and another season in the A might be the best for him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Dumba should be returned to Red Deer after 9 games. Why burn his contract when we don't need to? I got some concerns he's not physically ready for the NHL and another year in Red Deer and another season in the A might be the best for him.

I agree...if he's not ready. If he's ready, then he should stay.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I agree...if he's not ready. If he's ready, then he should stay.

I want to see him dominate at least in the W before making that determination. He had an uneven year but ended the year on the positive note. Let him smooth out the small things in the W and see if he can't dominate.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I dunno, if he's playing 15+ minutes a night, getting #2 PP unit time, and starts putting points up on the board without being a defensive liability, I'd have no problem keeping him. But the odds of those happening would be long.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Stoner should start vs Kings...and if he doesn't use the ONLY asset that sets him apart on this teams D then it's a sign it's over for him here. If he can't successfully engage opponents physically when it's called for--in front of the net, behind the net, along the boards--what good is he? Prosser is at least an agitator, about as smart, and more aggressive.
I'd like to see Dumba make it this year but he might need a few games before he settles down. I'm optimistic about his chances but I don't expect he'll be instantly as comfortable as Brodin out there--the cool, collected thing just isn't his style. He's fiery.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I want to see him dominate at least in the W before making that determination. He had an uneven year but ended the year on the positive note. Let him smooth out the small things in the W and see if he can't dominate.

Not all players need to dominate the lower level before they get called up.

That being said...if, in the 9 games or so that he plays in, he shows that he's not ready, then he SHOULD be sent down to Red Deer.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not all players need to dominate the lower level before they get called up.

That being said...if, in the 9 games or so that he plays in, he shows that he's not ready, then he SHOULD be sent down to Red Deer.

It would be nice if he could show some consistency this year in the W. I rather him learn in the W than in the NHL.

Billy Mays Here*

People ragged on Stoner a lot last season simply because he was being given responsibilities more than he was able to handle. Stoner is a a solid 3rd pairing guy, but he was being asked to play in the top 4 for much of last season. Hopefully this season Scandella is able to step up and handle a top 4 role so Stoner isn't forced to continue playing it, though I have my doubts as I've never been much of a Scandella fan. A Stoner - Spurgeon/Dumba pairing would be fine with me.

OpRedDawn*

Super excited to see Dumba, but I'd play stoner in the first game for sure.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/226223031.html

Good article on Suter.

Last year, Suter secretly played three weeks despite a broken rib following checks from Los Angeles’ Justin Williams and St. Louis’ Chris Porter in back-to-back games.

It was obvious something was wrong because at some junctures, Suter could barely shoot or catch a pass.

“It was excruciating,†he said. “I could hardly breathe. They had to shoot it up every game.â€

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Just one more piece of evidence that players in other sports pretend they're injured, players in hockey pretend they aren't.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

I don't care whether he's dominated the juniors if he's ready for the NHL. If he shows he's an asset to this team's defense, he should stay beyond the 9 games.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Three hours of non-stop hockey talk on KFAN right now. Brandon Mileski filling in for Paul Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad