Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
Am I alone in thinking that if EJ is 50/50 as of now, then he should just rest until saturday? There's no way he'll be 100% tomorrow if he's 50/50 decision right now and back injuries for a defensemen, if not healed fully, can easily get tweaked mid-game and get worse. I realize our defense is a mess without him unless Holden can pull another great game out of his arse but I think a game vs. the east would be the best to rest EJ

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Am I alone in thinking that if EJ is 50/50 as of now, then he should just rest until saturday? There's no way he'll be 100% tomorrow if he's 50/50 decision right now and back injuries for a defensemen, if not healed fully, can easily get tweaked mid-game and get worse. I realize our defense is a mess without him unless Holden can pull another great game out of his arse but I think a game vs. the east would be the best to rest EJ

This would be a good game to let him rest, also to play Aitto.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

This would be a good game to let him rest, also to play Aitto.

Yikes, sit our best defenseman after the team gives up nearly 50 shots (albeit to a pretty good team) and also start an AHL guy? Are we trying to throw the game or something...?

Unless there's risk of him making said injury worse, if EJ is good to go, then let him play. He can rest during the Olympic break.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I definitely wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardise EJ's health for the run to the end of the season. If they're not sure, take the hit, leave him out.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yikes, sit our best defenseman after the team gives up nearly 50 shots (albeit to a pretty good team) and also start an AHL guy? Are we trying to throw the game or something...?

Unless there's risk of him making said injury worse, if EJ is good to go, then let him play. He can rest during the Olympic break.
If there is any team to sit EJ against it's the Devils. I'm not trying to be rude to Devils fans, but they are among the lowest scoring teams in the league and have the fewest shots per game of any team in the league. EJ should not play.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If there is any team to sit EJ against it's the Devils. I'm not trying to be rude to Devils fans, but they are among the lowest scoring teams in the league and have the fewest shots per game of any team in the league. EJ should not play.

Still not keen on having Jaromir Jagr facing off against Holden-Wilson on the back end with Aittokallio in net.

It get it, err on the side of caution, but man, don't like the prospect of watching that potential massacre.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Still not keen on having Jaromir Jagr facing off against Holden-Wilson on the back end with Aittokallio in net.

It get it, err on the side of caution, but man, don't like the prospect of watching that potential massacre.

It could be ugly but at least it'd be against an eastern conference team. I'd rather sit EJ one game and have him come back 100% healthy than have him deal with a nagging injury/discomfort.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver

Ye have little faith in Sami? Kid is good.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Jagr has been a beast for us, just crazy. We struggle big time with getting shots to the net but that being said we possess the puck a ton in the offensive zone, Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr will cycle you to death. Our 2nd line with Clowe coming back has been pretty good lately too.

Doing the Devs GDT, any idea on your lineup, you guys still running with 11 forwards? Stasny and EJ are questionable for tomorrow?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just sayin' having EJ out AND having him start for the first time in the NHL is a very tall order. He'll be seeing a LOT of shots, even from a team as conservative as NJ.

I get that he's good, but let's not throw him in the deep end right away.

Sami got his first start in the NHL last year against LA, did alright until he got some cramps in the 3rd period.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wait...has it been confirmed that Sami's starting?

No, people just saying Sami should take this one. Nobody bothered to ask Roy today.

Erm, lineup? I guess what we saw last night

McGinn-Duchene-O'Reilly
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Mitchell
Malone Bordy

If Stastny plays I think MacKinnon takes Talbots spot, Cliche is bumped to the 4th and Mitchell goes to 3rd line center.

Hejda-EJ
Benoit-Holden
Wilson-Barrie

I doubt Sarich plays. Holden and Barrie could flip, If EJ doesn't then put Stollery somewhere in there. I don't think the pairings even matter at that point.

NJ might cycle to death. I can't wait to see Duchene and MacKinnon run on the Devils ;)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
No, people just saying Sami should take this one. Nobody bothered to ask Roy today.

Erm, lineup? I guess what we saw last night

McGinn-Duchene-O'Reilly
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Mitchell
Malone Bordy

If Stastny plays I think MacKinnon takes Talbots spot, Cliche is bumped to the 4th and Mitchell goes to 3rd line center.

Hejda-EJ
Benoit-Holden
Wilson-Barrie

I doubt Sarich plays. If EJ doesn't then put Stollery somewhere in there. I don't think the pairings even matter at that point.

If EJ is out, I want Hejda-Barrie.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 8m
#avalanche Alex Tanguay (hip) will be at morning skate today. He should resume full practice with team Friday.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Amazing news. Having Tanguay back will give an incredible boost to this team.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hopefully the time off has given PAP a chance to figure out why he sucks this year. Getting them both back will be huge and give us 3 pretty damn good lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce