Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think we'll see Tanguay back pretty soon actually.

He was partaking in drills when ROR was hurt. I'd say another game or 2 and we might see Tangs back.

PAP we might see a game or 2 before the break as well, but ideally I think we should sit him until after the break.

Stas is likely back next game. Hopefully EJ isn't serious.

Barring anymore unexpected set backs or injuries, we could be for the most part healthy again just as we hit the Olympic break. That would be big for the team. We shouldn't have much difficulty making playoffs if were healthy.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
EJ may or may not play tomorrow, per Dater.

I guess fairly good news seeing as it is not serious.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Dater says EJ might play tomorrow. So doesn't sound serious.

PA already skating is good too. I know they'd like to give him the Olympic break but sounds like they could use him if they need to.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Dater says that there is a fear that Sarich may have herniated disc...

Oh boy, if true then that is NOT good. I know that he is not the best Defender that we have, but he's better than the likes of Holden, Stollery and Guenin (at times).

And if EJ is out for any extended period of time the Avs' defense is screwed.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Dater says that there is a fear that Sarich may have herniated disc...

Oh boy, if true then that is NOT good. I know that he is not the best Defender that we have, but he's better than the likes of Holden, Stollery and Guenin (at times).

And if EJ is out for any extended period of time the Avs' defense is screwed.

That sucks. It would be a season ending injury if he needed surgery, right? At least it would make the decision between Barrie and guinen when he comes back moot. But we really need to make a trade here. Even if it's for a warm body.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Roy probably just prefers Stollery plus LE kinda needs Hunwick. Siemens is still on track for a return soon and nothing seems too serious with Elliott. Maybe if Elliott gets back soon he'll be next in line.

Dater has the full injury report on the DP. To summarize:

PA: might be back in a week
Tanguay: Still going well, pushing more
Guenin: out 7-10 more days, bad bruise
Stastny: day to day
EJ: 50-50 to play, might be a game time decision
Jiggy: practiced, waiting to see how he feels tomorrow
Sarich: no update

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Roy probably just prefers Stollery plus LE kinda needs Hunwick. Siemens is still on track for a return soon and nothing seems too serious with Elliott. Maybe if Elliott gets back soon he'll be next in line.

Take your time old man.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN

Thanks

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Wow, PAP back so soon. Getting both him and Tanguay would change the forward core dynamic.

Losing Sarich just ups the need for a defenseman more. At the very least, it hurts the depth a lot.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Maybe we should rest everybody and play the guys from Lake Erie till after Olympics.. ok just kidding... we are winning more in Jan and losing more guys... attrition is not kind to us....
Glad to hear Staz and EJ look non serious... Im ok with Tangs and Pap slowly coming back...
IF we continue to win it eases some of the urgency of having guys return to the linup, heck every win now is HUGE for us banking points against the end of the season.
OK, so you are the GM... what do you do to help us on D?
Im at a loss, thank God we have a goalie playing super!
Cannot wait till Thursday!
Go Avs

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Few more details from the presser. EJ will skate in the morning, see how he feels. Tanguay's next step is a full practice with the team. Same with PA, after he practices with the team he'll know when to come back. MRI for Sarich. Roy is fine playing 11 forwards if Stastny can't go but wants Stollery for insurance on EJ.

Sort of off topic, but y'all should listen to the presser. What he says about Wilson and Barrie are interesting. Not glowing on Wilson at all, measured but positive on Barrie.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Is it just me or did Wilson play awesome last night? I thought he did in the 3rd period any way

Not nearly as well as Holden. I thought Johnson had switched jerseys for the last 25 minutes of the game. The guy made very few mistakes and actually looked really good. Obviously, I doubt he can keep anything like that up, but I would guess that's the best game of hockey he has played in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->