Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread III [MOD Warning post 218]

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I don't see us being underdog vs hawks, but really do not care
Looking forward to finishing wild, they need to have a no injury game six.
Duchy wants to play guaranty he is pushing for it. I'm thinking we see him game six, but seriously I'm just a guy who watches and prays, on a good day!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Duchy wants to play guaranty he is pushing for it. I'm thinking we see him game six, but seriously I'm just a guy who watches and prays, on a good day!

The Hawks are the defending Stanley Cup Champions for a reason. Should we be able to finish off the Wild in either Game 6 or 7 the Avs would absolutely be underdogs, seeding be damned.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

lol we are underdogs going into this Wild series...we definitely would be underdogs if we play Chicago

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
we definitely would be underdogs if we play Chicago

And big time underdogs too, it won't even be close. Not only they are the SC champs but the Hawks just disposed of the highly regarded Blues while we are struggling with the Wild.

Avs winning round 2 against the Hawks would be in "big upset" territory.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
he's right on schedule. :laugh: he'll play by game 7(pending a game)

Wasn't supposed to be back on game 4? :laugh:. He's not on schedule at all. We'll see if he's back during game 7, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't dress.

The reason why he hasn't participated in a contact practice is because they rarely have full practices.

Don't really know their practice schedule, but how many have they had since Duchene has been skating with the team? You can't just play without playing in a full contact practice.

I thought he would be back if we were in a "must win" situation (if we lost the last game/if it goes to game 7/down badly in the series) but he hasn't even been cleared to play yet, he won't be playing tonight, and he wouldn't be playing even if we were losing the series. When the Medical staff/trainers don't want him playing, it must not be that good.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Wasn't supposed to be back on game 4? :laugh:. He's not on schedule at all. We'll see if he's back during game 7, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't dress.

Don't really know their practice schedule, but how many have they had since Duchene has been skating with the team? You can't just play without playing in a full contact practice.

I thought he would be back if we were in a "must win" situation (if we lost the last game/if it goes to game 7/down badly in the series) but he hasn't even been cleared to play yet, he won't be playing tonight, and he wouldn't be playing even if we were losing the series. When the Medical staff/trainers don't want him playing, it must not be that good.

I think Dutchy is closer than that but I wouldn't be surprised if he sat or played tonight, either way. It would be nice for him to have some contact to see how he reacts before the Wild players start gunning for him (because they would anyways, not just to be cheap). Just put Dutchy and Bordy, McCleod and Malone out there for a practice to tenderize a bit before the game tonight.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If I had to guess, I'd be surprised if the fourth line thing lasts two periods. At least in a situation where Avs need goals.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is probably just to temper expectations... If Duchene goes out for a couple of shifts and feels fine, I bet he gets moved up quickly.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If I had to guess, I'd be surprised if the fourth line thing lasts two periods. At least in a situation where Avs need goals.

I dont think it'll last 10 minutes.

He'll play a couple shifts there to ease back into the actual game, and once the Avs get bogged down for even just a couple shifts, he'll be right back up at the top line.

I think the big question about Duchene, is how healthy will he actually be when he returns. We all know in the playoffs just about every player will rush back from injury, to get back into the lineup and help the team win. But with Duchene, he was hurt exactly 4 weeks and 1 day from today. When he was hurt Roy said he would be out 4 weeks, which is where were at right now.

I dont think he rushed back into the lineup at all. And I think he'll be coming back pretty much at 100%. Now, in saying that with his injury being knee related, it may take him a couple games to get that top speed back, but I think he'll be close to 100% when he returns.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
No Ginner in practice. If he can't play, looks like Cliche will stay on the 3rd line.

EDIT: Dater says Ginner should be fine to play.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
McGinn didn't take the morning skate on Saturday. Nobody bothered to report that but Roy said it.

Avs announced Duchene is a game time decision.

Think it was Chambers who had vid of Malone battling hard with Duchene on the boards last morning skate.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
McGinn didn't take the morning skate on Saturday. Nobody bothered to report that but Roy said it.

Avs announced Duchene is a game time decision.

Think it was Chambers who had vid of Malone battling hard with Duchene on the boards last morning skate.

I would think if he wasn't going to play, they would have announced it to not get hopes high.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver

Was always 4 to 6 weeks, he's right there. Think they were just playing it safe and giving him a chance to get some practices in. Hasn't had much opportunity for full contact practice either.

CrimsonPuma*

I would think if he wasn't going to play, they would have announced it to not get hopes high.

They couldn't care less about the hopes of fans seeing Duchene...

They won't announce it either way so the WILD cant game plan for him being in the lineup or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad