Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury Update Thread III [MOD Warning post 218]

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Michael Kelly ‏@berge19 Apr 15
Avalanche LW Cody McLeod on the ice and looking fine. Showing no ill-effects of high ankle sprain suffered last week.

Sounds weird to be able to be back this soon if he had a high ankle sprain. It usually is an injury that takes a couple of months to return from at best.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Bubba, can you please sticky this. Every other team on HF has they're injury threads stickied.

Any news on John Mitchell? Is he still D2D, or is it confirmed he has concussion.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bubba, can you please sticky this. Every other team on HF has they're injury threads stickied.

Any news on John Mitchell? Is he still D2D, or is it confirmed he has concussion.

It was confirmed by Roy that it was a concussion. I think all we know is that he is getting better by the day. I think we see him in either game 3 or 4.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

We were informed by the HF top brass that we had to reduce the number of stickied threads.

We tried to determine which threads would still stay on the front page if they were not stickied. We figured this one would. To sticky this one, we'd have to unsticky another...

(my vote would be the soccer thread...)

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
We were informed by the HF top brass that we had to reduce the number of stickied threads.

We tried to determine which threads would still stay on the front page if they were not stickied. We figured this one would. To sticky this one, we'd have to unsticky another...

Mine as well, it's an OT thread which is in no way connected with Colorado or the Avs. Injury thread IMHO is the far more relevant one.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Can we ban all soccer talk while we are at it :sarcasm:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
You guys know there's a "X" next to the pin thingy on the title right? Click that thing and a thread disappears. You can unstick the soccer thread and lock it, we can always talk about it on the OT thread.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
You guys know there's a "X" next to the pin thingy on the title right? Click that thing and a thread disappears. You can unstick the soccer thread and lock it, we can always talk about it on the OT thread.

Yeah, NO THANKS!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs can hang in there maybe one or two more games without Mitchell and Duchene, but if this series gonna be a close one like the 1st game indicates, they gonna need both soon. Hopefully both can play in the 3rd or 4th game in Minny, or at least get Mitchell back.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Bleh, not a good sign that they've already determined this.
Meh, Game 2 is tomorrow. If he hasn't skated yet, he probably wasn't going to play without having skated. I'm not expecting him back until Game 4, after the three day break. It'd be nice to get Duchene back around then too.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah we really need Mitchell, as frustrating he is at times, we're much better with him in the lineup playing those minutes instead of Cliche (kudos for him for saying a goal last night though).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Meh, Game 2 is tomorrow. If he hasn't skated yet, he probably wasn't going to play without having skated. I'm not expecting him back until Game 4, after the three day break. It'd be nice to get Duchene back around then too.

I think winning game 1 helped them to not rush him too.

Wonder if he has some neck related concussion symptoms similar to what Crosby and Hishon had. Not that it has to be that bad, guys have had that recently and not been out too long.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
On the Altitude feed last night they talked about how the trainers were comfortable putting Barrie back in because he was able to get 2 full practices in without any issues. They are probably going to wait to see how Mitchell handles practice a time or two before putting him in a game... which probably means game 4 is the earliest we will see him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
On the Altitude feed last night they talked about how the trainers were comfortable putting Barrie back in because he was able to get 2 full practices in without any issues. They are probably going to wait to see how Mitchell handles practice a time or two before putting him in a game... which probably means game 4 is the earliest we will see him.

Reading into this a bit much probably, but the fact that they compared the two situations suggests a bit that maybe it was a concussion that Barrie suffered. Maybe they just meant in a general sense, because Barrie certainly didn't seem to play like a guy who just had a minor concussion. Maybe he's just that badass though.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Reading into this a bit much probably, but the fact that they compared the two situations suggests a bit that maybe it was a concussion that Barrie suffered. Maybe they just meant in a general sense, because Barrie certainly didn't seem to play like a guy who just had a minor concussion. Maybe he's just that badass though.

Maybe he doesn't have a brain and just acts on pure instinct. Impervious to pain and concussions. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad