Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Agree, they need to figure out how to get JT more ice time or send him down. However, I was at the game last night and Pouliot could not have played worse. He cannot accept the puck to his stick; his passes are way off and he is falling way too much for such a strong skater. He is playing very tight and that is not helping. I think he needs to sit and watch and find a way to relax.

I agree completely, ideally I’d prefer miller to be sent down and pouliout to sit, but doing so would expose the rangers weak depth.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Is it really still debatable. He's a player. Do you go to games? He's even better in person where you can see how great his positioning is and how smart he is on the forecheck.
Can confirm that a player is playing the same way in a game regardless of whether it's seen on tv or seen in person

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Can confirm that a player is playing the same way in a game regardless of whether it's seen on tv or seen in person

Didn't you get the memo? You're a better, more intelligent fan if you go to the games. Doesn't mean you can't afford the ridiculously expensive tickets/transportation, that'd just be silly.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
https://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/400700421825503232

That line was good late in the Boston series. Nash pass to Kreider in game 4. GWG in OT.

Nash and Kreider also completely disappeared for large parts of the PO's, so its a bit wishy washy.

I'm extactic that Nash is returning so soon, I honestly thought he'd be gone until 2014.

Like has been suggested before, replacing Callahan with Nash, and move Callahan down with Brassard and Boyle sounds like a good idea.

I'd even try Dorsett with Cally and Nash, the guy has been solid lately.

Which leaves Pouliot - Boyle - Moore on the 4th line

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Boyle on 4th line please. Miller, Pouliot or Dorsett is a better option for the 3rd line.

I reluctantly understand your reality-bending thoughts that Miller and Pouliot are better offensive options, but please explain why Dorsett is a better 3rd line option

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Maybe its time to see if MZA has developed into an actual good NHL player.

If he has, he'd be able to lift some guys lower in the lineup.

No, this is a John Tortorella mentality. It's horrible. Not every good top-6 player in the NHL makes other players around them better. I do think Zucc, being a play-maker and hard on the forecheck, can make a line better, but he still needs decent players as linemates.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
No, this is a John Tortorella mentality. It's horrible. Not every good top-6 player in the NHL makes other players around them better. I do think Zucc, being a play-maker and hard on the forecheck, can make a line better, but he still needs decent players as linemates.

OK OK, I won't take his bottle away. Sheesh.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
When Nash returns, I like:

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Boyle-Brassard-Nash
Dorsett-Moore-Whoever

Cant stand Pouliot or Mashinter - hope we find an upgrade there and the lineup might change.

Nash, at least to start, limits his minutes on the 3rd line and maybe gets Brassard going. If not, hes good enough to generate chances on his own. Do I like Boyle on the 3rd line? No. But I dont have a tin foil hat on and realize hes the best option.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
When Nash returns, I like:

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Boyle-Brassard-Nash
Dorsett-Moore-Whoever

Cant stand Pouliot or Mashinter - hope we find an upgrade there and the lineup might change.

Nash, at least to start, limits his minutes on the 3rd line and maybe gets Brassard going. If not, hes good enough to generate chances on his own. Do I like Boyle on the 3rd line? No. But I dont have a tin foil hat on and realize hes the best option.

Agree. Pou is a failed experiment, and while I don't dislike Mashinter, I think they can do better. Hopefully when Pyatt is healthy he rides pine.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I certainly wasn't expecting Poopoo to be good, in fact, I wasn't happy with the signing at all, but I certainly wasn't expecting him to be this terrible. Basically, he's like last year's beaver without the phantom points. Penalty quotas, giveaways, the whole nine yards.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I certainly wasn't expecting Poopoo to be good, in fact, I wasn't happy with the signing at all, but I certainly wasn't expecting him to be this terrible. Basically, he's like last year's beaver without the phantom points. Penalty quotas, giveaways, the whole nine yards.

He's making me miss Pyatt

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So with Moore back:

Kreider , Stepan, Zuccarello
Hagelin, Richards, Callahan
Brassard, Boyle, Dorsett( on faceoffs Boyle then switch)
Pouliott, Moore, Miller
Mashinter

then Nash back send Miller down for more time

Mashinter is really just a cheap spare and if Pyatt was healthy he would go down

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
How's Fast doing? Any chance he comes up and we try him on the 3rd line instead of Pouliot (or Boyle or whoever)?

in the CT thread they said something like 4-6 weeks hes out so don't even think about him for a long time. he needs to play in the minors for a bit anyways

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
in the CT thread they said something like 4-6 weeks hes out so don't even think about him for a long time. he needs to play in the minors for a bit anyways

But wasn't he injured a while ago?

He seems to have a decent skillset for this team, btw. If he plays with Brassard and Nash I think he'll get an opportunity to make an impact.

Bardof425*

Dorsett isn't a LW, and no, they're not.

Would rather not get into the same stupid argument with you about Boyle as always, so I'll leave it at that.

It is Stupid and you're wrong. I'd rather leave it at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad