Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I cant believe how many of you think he can join the team this month. Though watchng those videos are good and he does look good...he needs 3 good weeks of pushing himself more and more without symptoms before even cleared for contact. Crosby was skating for like a month and then had another setback. I really dont expect to see him cleared for contact this month, and first game not until christmas which were the rumors I was told by someone who had a connection with Nash's agent. Just rather be safe than sorry.....this happened twice in 9 months, if it happens again we have lindros part 2 for good.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I cant believe how many of you think he can join the team this month. Though watchng those videos are good and he does look good...he needs 3 good weeks of pushing himself more and more without symptoms before even cleared for contact. Crosby was skating for like a month and then had another setback. I really dont expect to see him cleared for contact this month, and first game not until christmas which were the rumors I was told by someone who had a connection with Nash's agent. Just rather be safe than sorry.....this happened twice in 9 months, if it happens again we have lindros part 2 for good.

Crosby was misdiagnosed TWICE, It's not the same situation. Nash knows it's a consussion thing. Crosby thought it was too but turned out to be his spine.

Also, we don't know exactly how long nash really has been skating by himself, we've only started getting actual info for about a week now.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
dQHZnlh.png

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 1m
Vigneault announces Rick Nash will rejoin #NYR for full team practice tomorrow. Still no timetable for his return.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Looks like Nash should return in a few weeks if he's starting to practice with the team tomorrow.

Can we stop with everyone posting they heard from nash's landlord that he's out till 2017 stuff now?

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I guess im just terrified this will happen again, but these are the doctors and team that went thru this with Staal and look at him so im sure they are taking all the right steps. Great news though I guess.

Vidic15*

I guess im just terrified this will happen again, but these are the doctors and team that went thru this with Staal and look at him so im sure they are taking all the right steps. Great news though I guess.

I think Staal's was more serious. Didn't he have issues with light, as well as headaches?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm weary of Nash returning, honestly.

Right now this team is clicking and scoring on beautiful 4 man passing plays. They're actually being creative as a team. Once Nash comes back I feel like the philosophy is gonna go back to "give Nash the puck and watch".

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
How many Russians with legitimate NHL interest have gone to the KHL at this point? 3? Kovalchuk, Radulov, Burmistrov. Anyone else?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm weary of Nash returning, honestly.

Right now this team is clicking and scoring on beautiful 4 man passing plays. They're actually being creative as a team. Once Nash comes back I feel like the philosophy is gonna go back to "give Nash the puck and watch".
joon pls.

How many 4 man passing plays has there been?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Or he ****s things up like the last time he waltzed into a good team.

We'll see.

As much as I hate is defensive game and some of the boneheaded things he does, even on offense, the rangers could use his size, shot, and force inserted into this lineup. It is a different team than when he last played in SJ

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So...lundqvist looked like something was bothering him all night tonight. He kept bending and stretching.Looked like his back from what i saw. Did anything get mentioned on the broadcast?

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
I don't recall it being mentioned except for when that Carter shot caught him up high in the third period and the trainer came out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad