Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
So...lundqvist looked like something was bothering him all night tonight. He kept bending and stretching.Looked like his back from what i saw. Did anything get mentioned on the broadcast?

i dont know about all night but he got hit with a rising shot in the 3rd that looks like it hurt him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yeah, Nash is the reason the team regressed last year. :laugh: What a ridiculous implication.

He changed the entire dynamic of the team. Thats undeniable. Youve perpetually shown an inability to think outside the box. It goes beyond "Nash is good, he makes the team better."

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
He changed the entire dynamic of the team. Thats undeniable. Youve perpetually shown an inability to think outside the box. It goes beyond "Nash is good, he makes the team better."

You've perpetually shown an inability to understand basic truths. Nash and Stepan carried a team that underperformed. Half the roster was useless and the players tuned the coach out, yet who was still capable of producing at cost to a PPG? It was already a bad team and it had nothing to do with Nash.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

No, Rick Nash didn't change anything. Rick Nash didn't make the team bad. Maybe the trade had a sincere effect on the team, or just maybe it was a lot more than one trade. All signs point to several potential reasons the team regressed.

I'm not sure how you can even half-heartedly believe inserting Rick Nash in to this line-up doesn't instantly make them deeper and more offensively dynamic. You either believe Rick Nash is cursed or them chemistry of the team is so fraile that inserting a new player in the line-up will implode the whole thing. Well in that case I sure do hope Dominic Moore is a healthy scratch Saturday because otherwise we're back to square one.

:huh:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Yeah it was Nash and his PPG offense and not the fact that our 2 best forwards from 11-12 were ass last year. :laugh: You know despite all of your negativity I thought you had some common sense, guess not.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm weary of Nash returning, honestly.

Right now this team is clicking and scoring on beautiful 4 man passing plays. They're actually being creative as a team. Once Nash comes back I feel like the philosophy is gonna go back to "give Nash the puck and watch".

That's one of the reasons I want him with Brassard. The top 2 lines are clicking and even even the philosophy will be "give Nash the puck and watch", sure beats "Pouliot and Brassard do nothing on the 3rd line". The 3rd line can't get any worse. The top 2 lines won't get hurt by Nash on the 3rd line.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
No, Rick Nash didn't change anything. Rick Nash didn't make the team bad. Maybe the trade had a sincere effect on the team, or just maybe it was a lot more than one trade. All signs point to several potential reasons the team regressed.

I'm not sure how you can even half-heartedly believe inserting Rick Nash in to this line-up doesn't instantly make them deeper and more offensively dynamic. You either believe Rick Nash is cursed or them chemistry of the team is so fraile that inserting a new player in the line-up will implode the whole thing. Well in that case I sure do hope Dominic Moore is a healthy scratch Saturday because otherwise we're back to square one.

:huh:

Nash's talent is undeniable. He is a special player. Im just not a huge fan of his game, primarily because it is so individualistic.

Did he carry a relatively poor team last season offensively? Yes. Shall we gloss over that a big reason why that team was poor compared to '11-12 is because of the Rick Nash trade? I wont.

But more importantly, his game has no many warts from being on a perpetual loser for so long, that I cant view him as some sort of go-to guy. He is a magician when hes 1 on 1 on the rush. The rest of his game? Meh. I worry about how this team will react when he comes back because there was an overwhelming tendency last season to just watch Nash operate.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
You've perpetually shown an inability to understand basic truths. Nash and Stepan carried a team that underperformed. Half the roster was useless and the players tuned the coach out, yet who was still capable of producing at cost to a PPG? It was already a bad team and it had nothing to do with Nash.

LOL. Guess the trade for Nash had nothing to do with it. Keep dreamin' Babs.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
It will be interesting to see how Nash plays when he returns.

With Richards playing better this year, and now Zucc and Kreider are more involved in the passing game, there is less of a need for Nash to try to do everything by himself. I know he's a guy that likes to have the puck but he may need to trust his teammates more. Our zone entry has improved so hopefully we won't see Nash trying to deke out 2-3 defenders only to turnover the puck.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Nash's talent is undeniable. He is a special player. Im just not a huge fan of his game, primarily because it is so individualistic.

Did he carry a relatively poor team last season offensively? Yes. Shall we gloss over that a big reason why that team was poor compared to '11-12 is because of the Rick Nash trade? I wont.

But more importantly, his game has no many warts from being on a perpetual loser for so long, that I cant view him as some sort of go-to guy. He is a magician when hes 1 on 1 on the rush. The rest of his game? Meh. I worry about how this team will react when he comes back because there was an overwhelming tendency last season to just watch Nash operate.

So Dubinsky's 2 goals and 20 points and Arties 11 goals and 18 points were really missed that much compared to Nash's 21 goals and 42 points?

I don't think the Nash traded was a big reason why we were so poor, but maybe the lack of a real training camp and a shortened season had more to do with it considering how Torts coached us to success the year before.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So Dubinsky's 2 goals and 20 points and Arties 11 goals and 18 points were really missed that much compared to Nash's 21 goals and 42 points?

I don't think the Nash traded was a big reason why we were so poor, but maybe the lack of a real training camp and a shortened season had more to do with it considering how Torts coached us to success the year before.

I dont think you understand that theres far more to the game than points.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
LOL. Guess the trade for Nash had nothing to do with it. Keep dreamin' Babs.

It didn't. The trade for Nash didn't have anything to do with Richards not working out in the summer. Gaborik being invisible. Staal missing half a season. Lundqvist underperforming at times, and several other players being mediocre for stretches.

I know it's easier to live in a bubble where your false perception of reality makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. But if you want the truth is right in front if you, go ahead accept it, it might sting at first, but I promise it won't hurt anything but your pride.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
I dont think you understand that theres far more to the game than points.

No I understand it completely, but clearly the stats don’t support your belief regarding the nash trade so what does? Is it the almighty intangibles argument?

I understand logic isn't your strong suit so please, enlighten me.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Guys, remember this is not Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks. If Nash is put on a line with Brassard and he becomes a puck hog the problem will only be limited to that line, the other 2 lines won't have a problem. Puck hog or not, I can't imagine that line being worse.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

It's not Nash's fault Gaborik and Richards simultaneously became useless. Which is why the team **** the bed. If they actually hockey'd we'd have been much more successful last year.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Looks like Nash should return in a few weeks if he's starting to practice with the team tomorrow.

Can we stop with everyone posting they heard from nash's landlord that he's out till 2017 stuff now?

My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate met a guy at a Taco stand who saw Rick Nash ordering a chicken burrito 4 days ago so he'll be back in 7-10 days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad