2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
he played left.

but its funny because if you watch him on the cycle he always seems to drift over to the right side.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
richards likes having his body open towards the center of the ice. i dont think he would play the right any worse or better than he does the left.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Even if Richards could play every position my question is this, why are we moving people to off positions to call-up the player who would not even be the better fit?

Fast can eat Callahan's minutes in all situations. The team is playing well, if they have to trade Callahan, they have to, but instead of shuffling the deck, just slot Fast in 3 RW.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Even if Richards could play every position my question is this, why are we moving people to off positions to call-up the player who would not even be the better fit?

Fast can eat Callahan's minutes in all situations. The team is playing well, if they have to trade Callahan, they have to, but instead of shuffling the deck, just slot Fast in 3 RW.

Exactly. Miller can come up next year after they amnesty Richards.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Depending on who the Rangers get in a trade for Callahan, that player might be able to take his spot. Otherwise I would go with Fast.

It's tough to trade Callahan in a spot like this because I think Fast could take Callahan's spot NEXT season. This season I just don't think he's ready.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Depending on who the Rangers get in a trade for Callahan, that player might be able to take his spot. Otherwise I would go with Fast.

It's tough to trade Callahan in a spot like this because I think Fast could take Callahan's spot NEXT season. This season I just don't think he's ready.

Optimally yes, but if need be I think he could do it well enough to get by. It wouldn't probably be a great choice for the playoffs.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I would like to see a line of Vaive - St. Croix - Hensick together. Vaive and St. Croix scored well in the ECHL, but got stuck with offensively-inept linemates. Playing together, plus having Hensick on the right, could result in decent offensive production.

Having another line produce offensively would help out a lot. Plus, I'd like to see what MSC can do in the AHL with half-decent linemates.

Hrivik-Powe-Asham/Kantor/Yogan would be the checking line, and the top 2 lines (Bourque-Miller-Fast and Haley-Lindberg-Kristo). Beach can go to the beach for all I care. Useless.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Question to those who watch Hartford regularly or at least semi-regularly (at least a quarter of the games):

If the Rangers trade Callahan (or need to recall a RW to replace an injured player), who would you choose:

1. J.T. Miller
Positives: has all the necessary ingridients - size, speed, shot, confidence.
Negatives: stickhandles too much, very young, is a better center than RW.

2. Jesper Fast
Positives: size, speed, shot, defense, intelligence, hard work, natural right wing.
Negatives: weaker than Miller, first year in North America.

I am a much bigger fan of Miller than Fast. Fast I think is a little soft. But I love his 3-zone game. Very committed to skating and creating turnovers. So if he isn't scoring, he is useful, but it is finally translating on the scoreboard.

Righty Shot to boot. I think Fast can be overwhelmed physically, much of this is playing against bigger, faster, stronger competition on smaller ice. But I think his game translates very well on a bottom 6 with offensive ability at the NHL level, if he is courageous enough to play a man's game.

I think it comes down to which one can kill penalties, and contribute offensively.

I see Miller as a 2-3 center in the NHL. Fast as a 3-4 right wing. So based on positional need it would be Fast.

Miller isn't ready until he can contribute offensively in the NHL. He isn't even 21 yet.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
jt miller is going to be a solid 2way 2c. thats his upside.

hes a very underrated prospect. hes got a terrific attitude, 6'2 200 + frame and hes got great wheels. he has all the qualities of a solid nhl 2way centerman.

but hes not a dangler. he needs to learn that soon.

once he realizes what he needs to do to succeed- solid on faceoffs, wall play, go to the net, create time and space for his wingers with his big body, and score 15 goals per year, he will be a solid top 6 player.

he will be a better player than brandon dubinsky. book it.

i like this kid.

Bardof425*

The continued suggestion by people who have clearly not watched the Wolfpack, or JT Miller ever perhaps, to call him up and play him at wing, is ridiculous. He has played all of his best hockey at center.

Not taking that in to account, Fast is still my choice. JT still thinks he can dangle and stick handle too much. Part of that might be the fact he is dominating most of his competition right now, but he needs to do more by doing less.

Sometimes young players while getting used to the speed and feel of the game stick handle because they don't see the game that well and therefore miss the passing opportunities in front of them. And instead of giving up the puck, which no confident player wants to do, they dangle and get themselves into trouble. Or maybe he just needs to calm down and play simple.

Bardof425*

richards likes having his body open towards the center of the ice. i dont think he would play the right any worse or better than he does the left.

Defensively he would struggle along the boards on his backhand

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I will be doing live blogging of the Pack game during the intermissions and immediately after the Rangers-Pens game. Hockey double header for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad