2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
OK guys. With the Ilya signing I'm starting the Stu Bickel for Jason LaBarbera trade rumors. The Oilers need defense, right? ;)

Id make that trade in heartbeat. NYR essentially have no 3rd string goalie they could play if Henrik or Cam go down for a longer period. LaBarbara won't shut down the NHL, but he'll give you a chance to win.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I sort of was hoping Stajcer would be a dark horse to grab the #1 spot in HFD after Talbot's permanent promotion... No sign of that yet. I actually dreamt of the WTF 3rd providence goal Missiaen gave up that killed the pack's momentum lol

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Didn't we sign some new goalie out of college this offseason? Is he on an AHL deal and playing in Greenville? Is he a possible solution? While I'm thrilled Cam is playing so well for the Rangers, the goaltending situation in HFD is threatening to derail an otherwise very promising season for the Wolfpack...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jeff Malcolm is that guy. IIRC he had one appearance for Hartford and didn't look particularly good. I didn't see that game so I don't know.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Malcolm has the talent to play in the AHL but he is streaky and plays best when he is on a roll.

There will be reinforcements available at the end of the NCAA season, good goaltenders like Steve Summerhays and Sam Brittain will become available.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Aaron Johnson has been good for Dylan McIlrath

One of “those kind of guys†is Johnson’s defense partner, 21-year-old second-year pro Dylan McIlrath, a first-round pick by the Rangers in 2010. McIlrath has made great strides playing alongside the veteran captain, and credits Johnson for helping him in all aspects of the game.

“It’s great, just the day-to-day routine, I just watch,†McIlrath said of Johnson. “He’s such a pro and I learn so much from him, not only on the ice but just the way he carries himself off the ice, a true role model.â€

For Johnson’s part, he feels as though the partnership with McIlrath has been a boon for the older half of the duo as well.

“It’s been great, I think we’ve had some great chemistry so far,†Johnson said. “He’s an easy guy to play with. He’s a guy that understands the game and definitely is very steady as a young defenseman, which I’m sure as the New York Rangers see, it’s exciting because a guy that age sometimes can be a liability, but he’s not at all. He’s a guy that’s able to score, he’s able to fight, great skater, he’s worked on that, from what I’ve heard, from the years before, so he’s really got his game coming in the right direction and hopefully it’ll continue.â€

http://theahl.com/cup-run-key-for-wolf-packs-johnson-p188413

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Beacon Games Notes are back:

The Mission is starting. Johnson is now with Allen instead of MCI, at least to start the game.

Haley fought Miller is a huge fight. No defense, just throwing puches for two minutes. Miller has a longer reach, but Haley did a great job.

Bruins score. Bad rebound by Miss, Johnson unable to fully clear the puck, and it goes in because Miss has no concept of lateral movement.

MCI penalty.

Good glove save by Mission.

Packers on the PP.

Another penalty on the Bruins. Packers with almost a minute on the 5-on-3.

5-3 didn't look great, but the 5 on 4 was good. No goal though.

Pack takes a penalty immediately after their own PP ran out. Powe in the box for boarding. PK killed off.

Another PP for the Pack. No action.

Miss has a good glove. I mentioned it last year and he continues to use it well.

The whole game is special teams. Now PK for the Pack. Now another penalty so the Pack needs to kill off a 31 second 5-3.

SECOND PERIOD

Shot from the blue line, deflection, Bruins up 2-0.

Traffic in front of Mission, he makes several good stops on jams. The puck goes in, but after the whistle, so no goal.

More jamming by the Bruins around the Pack net, nothing Miss could've done. 3-0.

Nifty Bruin play, Miss wasn't even fully ready. 4-0.

Miss really can't stop much. Might as well put me in there. 5-0. I am done with this game.

Last edited:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
OK guys. With the Ilya signing I'm starting the Stu Bickel for Jason LaBarbera trade rumors. The Oilers need defense, right? ;)
Don't think the Rangers would take on the cap hit. Not comfortable with Missiaen being the organization\s third goaltender however.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Third period looked like a humdinger judging by all the penalty minutes handed out. There even was a goalie fight between Scott Stajcer and Malcolm Subban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->