Injury Report: 2013-14 Team Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think the biggest problem would be just how available would he be to fight when he returns. Without that fear, opponents will not respect him for the job he normally does.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
By the time he's back fighting will have all but dried up. Most of the fights you'll see that late in the postseason seem to be emotions spilling over from the top guys as opposed to a heavyweight dropping the gloves.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
By the time he's back fighting will have all but dried up. Most of the fights you'll see that late in the postseason seem to be emotions spilling over from the top guys as opposed to a heavyweight dropping the gloves.

Yeah, you're right. I kind of forgot about the playoff code. So as long as he could play with some grit it could work out for us. If it were the regular season it would be a different story.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
ow.gif

Wughh.

Ducksgo*

Matt Beleskey also has lower body injury with Getzlaf upper body.

Damn man :(

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Stephens saying on twitter Getzlaf is expected to be in for game 2, x-rays came back negative.....whew I was more worried about that than my exam in 4 hours

Tony O

May 31, 2011
A friend just texted me that Fowler was on Good Day L.A. via the phone. Cam stated that Getzlaf is ok and its nothing serious. Can anyone confirm this?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I actually liked Seguins move right after the injury to go and check if everything is ok. Not that it helped but the dude earned some +`s from me, i didn`t knew he was from that type of guys.

Oct 18, 2011
let's see how it affects his play, it really scares the **** out of me to see him blocking so many shots, i wish he'd stop or BB would be more selective with atleast the PK minutes

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
let's see how it affects his play, it really scares the **** out of me to see him blocking so many shots, i wish he'd stop or BB would be more selective with atleast the PK minutes

I agree. Everytime I see Getzlaf go to block a shot I cringe. BB did rest him from the PK in the last few games of the season though.

Given Getzlaf's style of play we're lucky he's stayed as healthy as he has so far in his career.

Oct 18, 2011
he's far too valuable to lose over a shotblock, it sounds bad but if we have to do that i rather see someone lower on the totem poll do that

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
That's the ducks game plan though, and I hate it. They sit back and let the points pound shots into them thinking they'll probably be able to get to 75% of them, and cause another good amount to shoot wide.

The problem is that now in the playoffs time and space is pretty much the currency of the moment, and losing players to blocked shots is even more likely after 82+ games on these guys' bodies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think the problem is that, if you want Getzlaf to be the warrior he can be, you have to let him make the sacrifice plays. You can't really go half-way, as that type of player. This is Getzlaf being a leader, and showing what needs to be done to win games. Can we really afford to not let him set the example?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
My concern is actually whether or not he has to put a shield on, or even worse a cage. He's going to lose the ability to do all those fancy dangles if the last time is any indicator.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I cried some tears of joy when I read there was no broken bones. You mean SOB Getzy :laugh:

My concern is actually whether or not he has to put a shield on, or even worse a cage. He's going to lose the ability to do all those fancy dangles if the last time is any indicator.
I don't think he will, he hasn't actually broken anything. The only danger would be of the stitches breaking I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad