2013-14 Out of Town Thread-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

If he runs over Tuukka will you still love him?

Actually I'd almost enjoy that, because Rask would probably feed him his blocker. :)

And why would he run over Tuukka? I haven't seen that type of behavior from him. I remember when John Scott kept running Dobby and I think Rask last year and this team didn't respond. I guess Scott and Hartnell are different somehow. :sarcasm:

member 96824

Hartnell is great. Ultimate Penguin troll.

And yes, even if he ran over Tuukka. Surely we would never have a player who would touch another goalie...right Ryan?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
And why would he run over Tuukka? I haven't seen that type of behavior from him. I remember when John Scott kept running Dobby and I think Rask last year and this team didn't respond. I guess Scott and Hartnell are different somehow. :sarcasm:

Then you haven't watched him much. Hartnell has a habit of accidentally on purpose nailing goalies.

I'm not saying he's a criminal - most players get away with what they can - but it is part of his repetoire.

nycbruins*

Our Bruins by pulling off one of the greatest, if not the greatest and most improbable comebacks in the history of the NHL.

Despite being outplayed completely the last 4 games of the series.

"Bruins suck in 1st rounds" is a completely terrible excuse. Awful.

Imagine if a Canucks fan said "You guys only won because we suck in Stanley Cup finals." They'd be laughed off the boards.

But the Canucks didn't win that series....pretty huge distinction right there. The leafs might get to play the bruin again & it wouldn't shock me if they won...it also wouldn't surprise me if the b's learned some lessons & beat him up

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Then you haven't watched him much. Hartnell has a habit of accidentally on purpose nailing goalies.

I'm not saying he's a criminal - most players get away with what they can - but it is part of his repetoire.

When?

I recall him bumping Thomas once a few years ago, but I certainly have not seen him make a habit of it. I don't watch Hartnell regularly so I went on YouTube and searched him. I didn't see a single incident where he "ran" a goalie. I'm sure he has done it, but not nearly as much as some other guys (Kaleta comes to mind). You know exactly what you are getting with guys like Hartnell and Marchand, and I prefer that to sneaky little punks like Kunitz. Watch him during a game and I guarantee you will see him do at least one questionable thing, and usually more.

If the Flyers continue to suck and Hartnell was available, I would definitely inquire about him, although I doubt Philly would deal him.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Hartnell is 31 years old, has a $4.75 million cap hit until 2018-19 and has 15 points in 46 games since the start of last season. Not a chance in hell the Bruins entertain the idea of acquiring him.

member 96824

Marchand has a habit of accidently slew footing people.

Still love him :)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Hartnell is 31 years old, has a $4.75 million cap hit until 2018-19 and has 15 points in 46 games since the start of last season. Not a chance in hell the Bruins entertain the idea of acquiring him.

Yup.

I don't think he's really a bad guy - I kind of like him when he's not being an ass - but he's not worth that contract. If he was struggling like that with Boston people would be campaigning to put him on a slow boat to China.

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
Seguin from the slot ... #9

Make that 2 plus an assist .....

Last edited:

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Seguin and Benn are ridiculous together. Benn's already got a 4pt (1g-3a) night tonight.

Dennis Bergkamp

Oct 23, 2013
Good for him. #1 Center at Dallas might be just what his career needed. I doubt he would've ever reached his full potential here.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Glad to see the trade is working out real well for both teams. Seguin has been ripping it up for Dallas, Pevs has been good. Smith has been a huge surprise for us, our winning percentage is crazy with Loui in the lineup and he's starting to heat up. Morrow and Fraser still need a couple years, too.

Seguin really needed a wake up call and a change of scenery, you knew he'd put up these numbers. Good for him, I'm still rooting for him and Dallas big time. I've always liked the stars.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Glad to see the trade is working out real well for both teams. Seguin has been ripping it up for Dallas, Pevs has been good. Smith has been a huge surprise for us, our winning percentage is crazy with Loui in the lineup and he's starting to heat up. Morrow and Fraser still need a couple years, too.

Seguin really needed a wake up call and a change of scenery, you knew he'd put up these numbers. Good for him, I'm still rooting for him and Dallas big time. I've always liked the stars.

Except when they featured Ott and Avery, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad