Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I had to go look. :shakehead

All the Chara hate gets me - I can understand not liking the guy, but to say he deliberately injures people is just so clueless. I've seen the guy close up. He is a monster. He could, if he wanted to, cripple someone on every shift. That he's had one disciplinary hearing in his NHL career is frankly astounding. If I was him, putting up with the hacking/slashing/pounding he gets every game, I would have lost it a long time ago and killed somebody.

Hal Gill was the same way even though his talent/skill level didn't come close to Z's.
IIRC he even said once that he was careful not to crush people, which he easily could have done on a regular basis.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Kadri has always been a punk. That was intent to injure Backstrom. Nothing similar to Lucic. Looks like the Leaf board is changing into a Hab's board and throwing Lucic's and Chara's names around to justify Kadri lol. One playoff series & some success and their collective heads have greatly inflated. Was nice when they were perennial playoff wannabes, they were so humble.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Kadri has always been a punk. That was intent to injure Backstrom. Nothing similar to Lucic. Looks like the Leaf board is changing into a Hab's board and throwing Lucic's and Chara's names around to justify Kadri lol. One playoff series & some success and their collective heads have greatly inflated. Was nice when they were perennial playoff wannabes, they were so humble.

No they weren't.

I mean, they aren't Habs fans (842 Cups! Les Gloriuex!!), but there has always been a significant number of off-the-wall Leafs fans planning the parade after two straight wins.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
No they weren't.

I mean, they aren't Habs fans (842 Cups! Les Gloriuex!!), but there has always been a significant number of off-the-wall Leafs fans planning the parade after two straight wins.

Agree. The 1st week or two is always tough with plenty of them professing perennialy they are much better this season than last. But this season its ridiculous. Just give them a cup lol

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Agree. The 1st week or two is always tough with plenty of them professing perennialy they are much better this season than last. But this season its ridiculous. Just give them a cup lol

I mean, I don't blame anyone for having faith in his or her team - that's what being a fan is all about. But bragging and chest thumping and trash talking? Save that for the Cup party. :laugh:

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I mean, I don't blame anyone for having faith in his or her team - that's what being a fan is all about. But bragging and chest thumping and trash talking? Save that for the Cup party. :laugh:
Leaf fans to me have always been ridiculous with their blind optimism for the most part. I've had some of the most comical hockey conversations. Right now, their goaltending is saving them big time and let's not forget when Kessel is hot things are good, but he does have cold spells. They are very close to the precipice of winding up on the losing side of things and Carlyle seems to be the only voice of reason, but leaf fans pay no heed.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Someone on the first board said they hate Chara but can't understand why people hate PK Subban. :laugh: He plays hard, clean and does charity work plus some other stuff I can't remember.

Yeah those flops and krownwallike hits are clean :laugh:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

But that's because the league is biased towards the B's because of Greg Campbell and Jeremy Jacobs and B's get all the breaks, and all the calls (even though they are consistently high in PIMS for and low in PIMs against), and never get suspended, and the cup has an asterisk ... and that's why Nazem Kadri shouldn't be suspended.

Bulletproof.

member 96824

Who won that series?

Our Bruins by pulling off one of the greatest, if not the greatest and most improbable comebacks in the history of the NHL.

Despite being outplayed completely the last 4 games of the series.

"Bruins suck in 1st rounds" is a completely terrible excuse. Awful.

Imagine if a Canucks fan said "You guys only won because we suck in Stanley Cup finals." They'd be laughed off the boards.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
WTF kind of excuse is this?

Sounds like the kid "yeah I'm really smart, I just suck at taking tests"

No excuse, the Bs won. But the truth is that the Bs have a tough time in 1st rounds recently. If they had to play the panthers in the 1st round they'd still take it to 7 games lol. Kinda like Seguin "i'm a really good hockey player, but I suck in the playoffs" :sarcasm:

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Our Bruins by pulling off one of the greatest, if not the greatest and most improbable comebacks in the history of the NHL.

Despite being outplayed completely the last 4 games of the series.

"Bruins suck in 1st rounds" is a completely terrible excuse. Awful.

Imagine if a Canucks fan said "You guys only won because we suck in Stanley Cup finals." They'd be laughed off the boards.

Outplayed completely is pushing it lol. Past history says that the Bs struggle in 1st rounds. Go check it. And I don't think I ever seen anyone get laughed off these boards.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Past few years it isn't too far from the truth in saying "we suck in first rounds."

We were down 0-2 going back to MTL in 2011, Won in game 7/OT.

The Caps series we made it out of game 6 with an OT win just to lose in game 7/OT in our building.

Then the Toronto series with our epic comeback.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
But that's because the league is biased towards the B's because of Greg Campbell and Jeremy Jacobs and B's get all the breaks, and all the calls (even though they are consistently high in PIMS for and low in PIMs against), and never get suspended, and the cup has an asterisk ... and that's why Nazem Kadri shouldn't be suspended.

Bulletproof.

The Campbell mantra is my favorite. The Bruins obviously won the Cup because CAMPBELL'S DADDY FIXED IT.

:laugh:

member 96824

Past few years it isn't too far from the truth in saying "we suck in first rounds."

We were down 0-2 going back to MTL in 2011, Won in game 7/OT.

The Caps series we made it out of game 6 with an OT win just to lose in game 7/OT in our building.

Then the Toronto series with our epic comeback.

It's the truth, but it's not a free pass excuse for what should have been a Toronto win.

And yes, the last 4 games of that series the B's were completely out played.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I have a soft spot for stuff like this. He's such a troll, but he's so hard to hate.

480999_765504846798051_2105428450_n.jpg

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's the truth, but it's not a free pass excuse for what should have been a Toronto win.

And yes, the last 4 games of that series the B's were completely out played.

I get what you are saying, but it's like saying the B's should have won that series against Philly in 2010 just because they were up 3-0. And if they were "completely outplayed" vs TOR, as you put it, they would have lost.

They didn't finish against the Flyers in Game 7, and neither did the Laffs. End...of...story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->