2013-14 Out of Town Thread-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I don't know, both skates leave the ice as he launches himself up and makes head contact. Looks like five and a game was at least well earned.

I think he targeted the head, but I don't see both skates leaving the ice. I don't even see 1 leaving the ice.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
(At leas) before this season, Pierre absolutely loved Giroux, probably his favourite player.

Pierre loves a lot of players, but Sid will always be his truest love. Mike Richards is second: "He did take out Krejci, but it's important to remember it was a clean hit, Edzo!"

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
In spite of what you want to be true:

Pierre shows up every morning (at least he used to, I have not yet listened this fall) on Team1200 at 8:00 here in Ottawa. Trust me, Giroux is his favourite player bar none, Crosby does not come close.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Pierre is a tool I remember the last few playoff when the Bruins played the Rangers all he talked about was Callahan and when they played the Pens he hyped up all their players.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
OK, gotcha.

At least Kaleta's been cashiered. Lucic once said he hated to play against Kaleta more than anyone. I think that says a lot.

Not so fast. Nolan thinks everyone deserves a "second" chance.

Glean Healy had a funny line yesterday; he said why on earth does John Scott have a no trade clause? His play is a no trade clause.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Toews fills those roles very nicely as well along with offense.

I think Bergy will make it...but if Stamkos can't go, I could see them opting for someone who will pot a few more goals with Toews providing a lot of the same things that Bergeron does.

I'll repeat again, I still think Bergeron makes it.

Toews can't do it all.

And A healthy Bergy IMO is better at those things (Toews is better at the offense but nobody IMO is better than Bergy when it comes to defense and consistency at the dot). I just think Bergy goes unappreciated because he isn't flashy.

Kadri turned into a little punk-be interesting to see what happens from here.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Toews can't do it all.

And A healthy Bergy IMO is better at those things (Toews is better at the offense but nobody IMO is better than Bergy when it comes to defense and consistency at the dot). I just think Bergy goes unappreciated because he isn't flashy.

Carlyle defending the hit Kadri was tossed for post-game was disturbing. He should have taken the "I haven't seen the tape yet" approach. Perhaps he did for the Backstrom hit because the NHL Network showed no response to that.

Kevin Weekes' response was pretty lukewarm too, surprisingly. You'd think as a former goalie he be all over that like white on rice.

Agreed about Bergy, but the most important thing is the guys in charge know his worth.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
vs. Edmonton. And TS' goal was an empty-netter. Meh.

Ference and Potter: The only Oilers last night that didn't have a negative +/- :laugh:

Feel bad for AF, not sure why the impression I get is that Eakins is an arrogant SOB too

One could argue, that with the talent he has at his disposal in comparison to the personnel in Buffalo, Rolston "may" have done a better job with the roster he was given;);)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Kadris worst play last night was his elbow to backstrom.

Giroux can start scoring any day now. Please. Took him ten overall in fantasy.

But I also have Lehtonen. Everyone thought I was nuts.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kadris worst play last night was his elbow to backstrom.

Giroux can start scoring any day now. Please. Took him ten overall in fantasy.

But I also have Lehtonen. Everyone thought I was nuts.

Kadri is a first class jackwagon. Wondering how Leaf fans lovin that Clarkson signing so far with a solid assist in 8 games?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Phone hearing today for hit on Backstrom

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 5m
Can confirm that Leafs' Kadri will have a hearing this afternoon for the collision with Wild goalie Backstrom.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hope Nauseum Kadri gets the max allowed for a phone hearing. I dislike him more every time I see him play.

member 96824

Toews can't do it all.

I agree completely...but if Stamkos can't go, that's a game changer for Canada, so while he deserves to be there, when building their team they could slide Toews down to Bergerons role and opt for someone more offensive minded to fill that Stamkos spot. Keep in mind in 2010, they opted for Toews playing center over Bergeron.

It would suck and I don't think it happens, but it is a possibility. That Stamkos injury is like the butterfly effect.

member 96824

Say what?

Am I reading it wrong? Let me know if I am but it seems like "yeah, these guys don't know his worth but the guys in charge do?"

the post was a response to me, so I assumed you were talking about me?

Again, just my interpretation, I apologize if I got it wrong.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Am I reading it wrong? Let me know if I am but it seems like "yeah, these guys don't know his worth but the guys in charge do?"

the post was a response to me, so I assumed you were talking about me?

Again, just my interpretation, I apologize if I got it wrong.

Uh, no. It was a response to TCL.

Sometime's a cigar is just a cigar. Bergeron is worthy to the powers that be. Period.

member 96824

Uh, no. It was a response to TCL.

Sometime's a cigar is just a cigar. Bergeron is worthy to the powers that be. Period.

TCL was responding to me, you were agreeing.

But either way, I read it wrong and agree with you. Bergeron is absolutely worthy...just pointing out that Canada has to look at all options with Stamkos going down. Of course, he played wing in 2010 on Toews line...maybe that's the plan again? Who knows.

I would assume up the middle we see Crosby, Getzlaf, Tavares, Thornton, Toews, Staal, Giroux, Bergeron. Am I missing anyone?

Few good players there:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->