League News: 2013-14 Out of Town Scoreboard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Well, I'm mostly interested in the guy who used to play here - but maybe we should be trolling the 'Canes board about Staal's paltry showing thus far:naughty:.

Problem is, notwithstanding their -15 goal differential and the underwhelming performance of their stars, the 'Canes are only 3 points behind us w/one game in hand. So need to be mindful of the hockey gods here.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Letang with the smartest dive ever, turns the puck over goes to skate forward and drops like a sack potatoes and doesn't even slide an inch.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Oh God, NBC going to have a Crosby vs Ovechkin debate.

I've avoided the one on the main board like cancer, haven't even dared look at it. Probably a lot of "OMG CROSBY SO GREAT DEFENSIVELY."

Halpysback*

Semin with a 3G 5A 8P in 18 games. Yikes. Haven't watched him play this year - anybody have a sense of what's going on. You can't be under 0.50 PPG at $7 million per year - not that anyone else on the 'Canes is scoring much. Staal, Skinner and Gerbe tied for team lead with 9 points. 'Canes have a goal differential of -15 (34 GF, 49 GA). And yet they're tied for 3rd in the Metro. Weird.

Thankfully we've got his cap space going to real contributors like Laich and Brouwer.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Can't produce with Staal, who he did a lot with last year, clearly he would be better with Grabovski!

Quite frankly do not want a non-30 goal scoring Semin.

Liberati0n*

Johansson - Grabovski - Ovechkin
Fehr - Backstrom - Semin
Chimera - Perreault - Ward
Volpatti - Latta - Wilson
Beagle

Don't ask where Erat is. I don't know.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Maybe Semin plays bad and rejuvenates himself back here. Trade for Laich? I wouldn't be against it though things could be congested if Kuznetsov comes over and earns top six time.

The caps are not the best but I imagine he's missing it in DC a little.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I would trade Laich and Brouwer and a pick or prospect for Semin without thinking twice. I'll even retain 1.6 mil in salary to make it an even trade. I miss Sasha and wanted him resigned.

Can you imagine the PP with Semin in the slot?

Although at this point I'd trade Laich and Brouwer for Purrutu just so we could watch him during shoot outs.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
If we are to add another 7m player i would take almost everyone on this list http://www.capgeek.com/comparables/?player_id=858&year_id=2013 other then heatley over sasha

that said, GMGM has wasted about 13 mill on his 2nd line

Laich $4.5
Erat $4.5
Brouwer $3.7
Green $6.1
Erskine $2.0
Neuvirth $2.5

$23 million of complete waste. It's especially depressing when you look at how high the primary scorers are flying right now. Imagine how they would look with a $23 million supporting cast that earns even half of their pay.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Laich $4.5
Erat $4.5
Brouwer $3.7
Green $6.1
Erskine $2.0
Neuvirth $2.5

$23 million of complete waste. It's especially depressing when you look at how high the primary scorers are flying right now. Imagine how they would look with a $23 million supporting cast that earns even half of their pay.

Every NHL team has players who's fan base believe that they are being over paid or are not producing at a rate comparable to their salary. The Capitals do not have the market cornered on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad