League News: 2013-14 Out of Town Scoreboard II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Wow, I am stunned.

Maybe George saw the crazy and it had a hand in trading him.

Varly just dropped Varly off his fantasy team

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
iby162jRpad2L1.gif

So does he get suspended 3 games like Ovechkin? Ovechkin hardly came up off the ice and got mainly shoulder. Figure it will be no injury, no outrage because he is Penguins player that plays on Crosbys line so TSN won't get mad.

Liberati0n*

Whether the player is hurt has nothing to do with whether a play is suspendable.

Liberati0n*

Unfortunately, it does. Just watch any suspension video. Shanny always mentions whether or not a player was hurt in justifying his suspension and its length.

No, it doesn't. Shanahan/the league thinks it does. They're wrong.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Hanzal's suspension was for a pretty similar hit without a injury, though he qualified for repeat offender because he got suspended for boarding in May 2012.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
No, it doesn't. Shanahan/the league thinks it does. They're wrong.

Whether or not a play is worthy of a suspension is an arbitrary call made by Shanahan and the league. You can disagree with their criteria all you want, and I happen to disagree about this matter as well, but to say that injuries have nothing to do with whether or a not a play is suspendable is just plain false. It does because the people in charge say it does.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
So what happened to Chara? That hit looks like nothing. I'm all for sending any penguin to hell but I don't see anything really wrong. Maybe my internet is slow.

Edit. OK I do see some shoulder to the face. He's plays for boston though...

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
So what happened to Chara? That hit looks like nothing. I'm all for sending any penguin to hell but I don't see anything really wrong. Maybe my internet is slow.

Left his feet for sure and looks like he hit the head. If this was against the Penguins I guarantee Pierre would hysterical and we would see more angles of the hit.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Local TV station here in Colorado reported his GF said he was drunk all of Monday and beat her Tuesday morning.

Liberati0n*

Whether or not a play is worthy of a suspension is an arbitrary call made by Shanahan and the league. You can disagree with their criteria all you want, and I happen to disagree about this matter as well, but to say that injuries have nothing to do with whether or a not a play is suspendable is just plain false. It does because the people in charge say it does.

Sometimes I get carried away. The fact that they're in charge doesn't make their criteria for that "arbitrary call" more right though. I'm wrong to claim my position as having a more correct view of what's "suspendable," but that's not because it contradicts theirs, but because there is no correct view (as you essentially said). I think the question of whether the plays themselves can be judged differently on that basis in a more general sense is a little less subjective. The definition of "suspendable" is completely arbitrary since the entire thing is made up, but the idea of differentiating hits based on injury is legitimately incorrect.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Jesus. Varly always did seem like kind of a ****. Hopefully, everyone's safe now.

Well... I don't mean it ironically this time....
2iucnib.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad