News Article: 2013-14 News & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Can the season ticket holders start a "fire McPhee" and "fire Oates" chant on Friday? Maybe Ted will take notice and can them when this team doesn't make the playoffs like Gillis was canned today.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Can the season ticket holders start a "fire McPhee" and "fire Oates" chant on Friday? Maybe Ted will take notice and can them when this team doesn't make the playoffs like Gillis was canned today.

Nothing would make me happier in my last game before my seats run out....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
wrong thread.

army of ding dongs marching into a sea of turnip juice ....ONWARD!!

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
According to Karl Alzner...................

Accountable?????

"It's insane, really just insane," Alzner said. "We don't have the identity. What we're supposed to be, we are not being. That's something that needs to change. I personally am a huge fan of the tight-checking, grind-it-out, 2-1 and 1-0 games, but that's not the way this team is built. If we're not built that way we have to be better for how we're built."

Alzner isn't shirking blame either; he knows he has played a part in the team's struggles, as evidenced by his negative plus/minus rating.

"If you're supposed to be a guy who is scoring all the time, you've got to be scoring," he said. "If you're supposed to be a guy keeping pucks out of the net like me, then your plus-minus has to be better than minus-8. We have to hold ourselves way more accountable than we have this year."

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
if brooks laich says that, he is burned at the stake again. I love Karl. He is a stand up guy. I believe every bit of that, but I don't think any of that is a surprise.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
if brooks laich says that, he is burned at the stake again. I love Karl. He is a stand up guy. I believe every bit of that, but I don't think any of that is a surprise.

Because Laich is saying something similar every other night and nothing changes. He and/or Troy constantly beat the drum and then do nothing about it. Its like crying wolf, eventually someone stops listening.

Alzner on the other hand, you never hear from so you pay more attention to his words.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Maybe some of it's directed at Laich? I rag on Brooks because he is too "fake" IMO. Would Laich ever be as truthful as Alzner or would he just continue to toe the company trainwreck?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

Well, Laich says a lot of "WE" never "I" when saying something negative.

Liberati0n*

Two separate people could have totally different character and others' recognition of that can impact how they interpret those people's behavior? Who knew.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
According to Karl Alzner...................

Accountable?????

"It's insane, really just insane," Alzner said. "We don't have the identity. What we're supposed to be, we are not being. That's something that needs to change. I personally am a huge fan of the tight-checking, grind-it-out, 2-1 and 1-0 games, but that's not the way this team is built. If we're not built that way we have to be better for how we're built."

Alzner isn't shirking blame either; he knows he has played a part in the team's struggles, as evidenced by his negative plus/minus rating.

"If you're supposed to be a guy who is scoring all the time, you've got to be scoring," he said. "If you're supposed to be a guy keeping pucks out of the net like me, then your plus-minus has to be better than minus-8. We have to hold ourselves way more accountable than we have this year."

Maybe I'm missing something but in a way that seems to be a shot at Oates and his "system"

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I read it as a shot at the players if anything, himself included.

I guess...but how do you "play better for how you are built"? Seems like a systematic thing. If you are built for a high flying attack how can you play better for it if your coach asks you to trap for example?

Whatever...I'm blaming Oates since thats how I roll. F that dude!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The identity thing is the only thing I can read into the Oates angle. "If you're a scorer, score, if you play D, play GOOD D".....that's player related.

They're "Built to be an offensive team" so they need offense, production. As we all see they're not winning 2-1 games. I think it's a shot at everyone honestly.

malyk

Apr 15, 2007
The City by the Bay
Definitely sounds like a shot at Oates. "The system we tried to play doesn't work with these players" and "The coaching staff never made anyone pay for their mistakes/lack of effort/whatever".

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely sounds like a shot at Oates. "The system we tried to play doesn't work with these players" and "The coaching staff never made anyone pay for their mistakes/lack of effort/whatever".

I'm trying to find those quotes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad