News Article: 2013-14 News & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
There's a rookie game vs the Flyers on the 9th, it will be streamed on the Flyers website and the first Flyers preseason game will also, nothing known about the 2nd one, the rest will be on TV.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
where do you see that? it's not what the sked Langway just shared says.
I'm guessing he means out of market broadcasts. CBC is doing the Winnipeg opener, NESN will likely carry the Boston games and CSN-Chicago the Chicago games. Not sure about Nashville but recently home pre-season games have been streamed on the Caps site carrying the scoreboard feed.

The Caps link in the OP shows the home PS game vs. Philadelphia (the second of two against them) as being broadcast locally.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Anyone going to the Caps convention? I see that you can buy 2 autograph pictures with a player. Anyone know what happens to the $ for entrance fee and the photos?
Is it for charity?

Liberati0n*

Prior seems to have been involved in what looks like very solid goalie scouting in the last few years, but I was never sure what to think of his actual coaching. Hopefully Kolzig's ready/good.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Those poor ********.

Save your sympathy.

original.jpg

Liberati0n*

I'm going to miss Prior (again). Was one hell of a goalie coach.

Why do you say that?

I'm actually curious. His reputation has always seemed very good around here and I was never sure if there was much basis for it. (Not to imply that he wasn't good, just that we have very little way to know.)

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Why do you say that?

I'm actually curious. His reputation has always seemed very good around here and I was never sure if there was much basis for it. (Not to imply that he wasn't good, just that we have very little way to know.)

Our endless supply of young NHL caliber goaltenders.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Right. That speaks to his scouting. I'm not sure what specific improvements we've seen in their play once actually in the NHL.

each of varly, neuvy and holtby have had different challenges. I think they have all worked thru those challenges well. what is for sure. those young goalies could have collapsed under playoff stress and none of them have.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the penguins picking up Kolbe only proves that McPhee and Leonsis don't know talent when they see it. it further proves the lack of taste that caps fans have as they prefer anyone else other than jeff rimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad