2013-14 Minnesota Wild Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So we go full lineup against Nashville, yeah?

Maybe reduce top line minutes slightly; give every FW line ~15 minutes; every D pairing ~20 minutes?

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I think Yeo really wants to keep this steak going into the playoffs. If it's a close game everything will be almost normal minutes wise I think.

It's going to completely different playoffs this season and I can't wait.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Survey Question on the Annual STH Survey:

60. Please rank the Minnesota Wild jerseys in order of preference, with 1 being your favorite and 3 being your least favorite.

1 2 3

White (road)

Green (alternate home)

Red (home)

*61. Of the Minnesota Wild's primary colors, which do you prefer?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sounds like Rupp got 4 games. Hopefully last night was the last time we see him in a Wild uniform.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I like the red jerseys, but I'd rather have greens as our home jerseys. Maybe put red jerseys as our 3rd jerseys?

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Red jerseys are ok. Just change Green's for Home, red's for alternate.

Althought it would be nice if they made a new red jersey using the road template with a darker red, IMO.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Walz tweeting about the Rupp/Oshie situation:

Wes Walz @walz3737
listening to self proclaimed "hockey experts" call MIke Rupp a goon is wrong! MR never susp EVER and has been honest player his whole career

Wes Walz @walz3737
Tough play with Osh last night,love him as a player BUT don't forget 2 weeks ago when Blues wanted to "send a message" to Wild #livebysword

Blues fans and Hitchcock apparently got pissed off by this, but even Russo somewhat agrees in his latest blog.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Good for Walz. Dude calls it like it is and without bias.

And I don't get the Rupp hate TBH. No he's not the best of players, and he's slow and everything else, but the dude is OLD, and he has always tried his best for us. We don't need him on the ice anymore, but when he played for us, he did the best job he could. Now it's just time to move on from a player like him.

The hate is unnecessary.

And I'm sorry, but that bs with the Blues is just that. And it is very true they have crossed the line with us, including Oshie and Backes on multiple occasions. Not that that justifies what happened to Oshie, it was still a bad situation, but the Blues have encouraged to a degree, a certain type of game.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I like Rupp, but I didn't like the hit. I thought it was dirty. However, overall, Mike Rupp isn't a dirty player. He's a physical 4th liner, sure, but IMO he isn't and has never been a dirty player.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I like Rupp, but I didn't like the hit. I thought it was dirty. However, overall, Mike Rupp isn't a dirty player. He's a physical 4th liner, sure, but IMO he isn't and has never been a dirty player.

He's never been suspended his entire career. Would be a shame if that hit is his final play in the NHL.

Sleeptalker*

Let's go really wild in the playoffs Minnesota Wild (and your big fat Finland support!).

Because Minnesota Wild have nothing to lose - whoever they now will meet in the NHL-play offs.
They're pretty much the underdogs - as they will hold the wildcard in their mouth!

But me thinx both Minnesota Wild (and Finland!) kick to kill best from underground!

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I think Mike Rupp should be hailed as a hero. You gotta put those tough guy teams like that in their place.

Where was all this shock and awe when Parizz was laid out in Chicago?

I've taken the standing on you know what if it's gonna happen to us, and you're going to "send the Wild a message", you're going to get a response.

And I also say enjoy being in the worst state in union.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Good for Walz. Dude calls it like it is and without bias.

And I don't get the Rupp hate TBH. No he's not the best of players, and he's slow and everything else, but the dude is OLD, and he has always tried his best for us. We don't need him on the ice anymore, but when he played for us, he did the best job he could. Now it's just time to move on from a player like him.

The hate is unnecessary.

And I'm sorry, but that bs with the Blues is just that. And it is very true they have crossed the line with us, including Oshie and Backes on multiple occasions. Not that that justifies what happened to Oshie, it was still a bad situation, but the Blues have encouraged to a degree, a certain type of game.

I agree with this.. I don't like hits like that but at some point you have to stand up for your team and do something about it. you can't just let everyone else walk all over you without some kind of retribution. I really hope Oshie is alright. He seems like a nice guy and is a lot of fun to watch.

OpRedDawn*

if we do play the blues, we gotta call up warren peters

goon squad complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad