2013-14 Minnesota Wild Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Well, let's hope nobody gets hurt. I give the boys credit for wanting to play, but if we have a major injury to a key guy, there will be hell to pay big time. That would be a coaching decision that would seal his fate.

tumblr_inline_mzbbygyvPv1re64ya.gif

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
I would say that we should destroy the blues in this next game physically and mentally, thus, creating the perfect storm; the end of blues, and, continuation of the wilds

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Russo said everyone is playing tomorrow and that John Curry is probally in net and we could see Folin also.

Doesn't surprise me... the way Koivu, Parise and Suter were talking at the end of the Boston game, you could see this coming. They don't want to let off the gas... they want to carry momentum to the post season.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Well, Anaheim clinched their division tonight so San Jose is no longer a potential opponent.

It's either Anaheim, St. Louis, or Colorado.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If playoffs started today, we'd face the Blues.

:(

Both St.Louis and Colorado have 3 games to go, Colorado owns the tie breaker. I think we're more likely to play either the Avs or the Ducks due to the tightness of that battle.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Am I the only one who wants to see a lot of crow eaten on that main board when this team beats ANA in the first round?

Actually I think it's more likely we play St. Louis in the first round.

I would say that we should destroy the blues in this next game physically and mentally, thus, creating the perfect storm; the end of blues, and, continuation of the wilds

What we need to happen then is Colorado needs to help us out and take the division so we face THEM instead of the Blues.

I think a series vs Colorado would be FUN to watch.
I think a series vs The Blues would be EYEBALL BLEACH painful to watch.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
The other night the refs made an atrocious call. FSnorth showed Mike Yeo sipping from a water bottle. TSN showed him chewing out the refs.

Oh. That brings up questions. Someone should put up a Yeo-cam so we can settle this once and for all: stone statue or animated? :laugh:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

What we need to happen then is Colorado needs to help us out and take the division so we face THEM instead of the Blues.

I think a series vs Colorado would be FUN to watch.
I think a series vs The Blues would be EYEBALL BLEACH painful to watch.

We can beat Colorado just get past Varlamov if it wasn't for him they would be the maple leafs.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Actually, we still have some control who we play basically. If we let STL win, they take over the top seed again. Or we bank on Colorado pulling it out and winning the division.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Wild need to worry about themselves, not the opponent. Contenders don't care who they face. They play their game.

I wish there was more of this in this thread. Ask anyone in the Wild organization if they are scared to face the Blues and they'd laugh at you. Lets go out tonight and pay the Blues back for that 5-1 stomping they put on us, tell them we will see them in the playoffs and then kick their ass again! History doesn't matter in sports. When Koivu hits beast mode idc if it's the Ducks, Kings, Avs, Sharks, Blues, or the freaking Canadian olympic team, no one is going to stop him!

That's the kind of attitude I hope the players have going in, not this well maybe we can get this easy way and hope someone knocks off the tough competition for us. I know matchups and strengths are a real thing, but so is momentum and confidence. Would you really prefer to match up against a high flying Colorado team who just stole the division? Or a slumping Blues who we just handed an ass-whooping the week before? (Because we are going to win tonight, duh)

That was fun, I miss playing hockey :laugh:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I wish there was more of this in this thread. Ask anyone in the Wild organization if they are scared to face the Blues and they'd laugh at you. Lets go out tonight and pay the Blues back for that 5-1 stomping they put on us, tell them we will see them in the playoffs and then kick their ass again! History doesn't matter in sports. When Koivu hits beast mode idc if it's the Ducks, Kings, Avs, Sharks, Blues, or the freaking Canadian olympic team, no one is going to stop him!

That's the kind of attitude I hope the players have going in, not this well maybe we can get this easy way and hope someone knocks off the tough competition for us. I know matchups and strengths are a real thing, but so is momentum and confidence. Would you really prefer to match up against a high flying Colorado team who just stole the division? Or a slumping Blues who we just handed an ass-whooping the week before? (Because we are going to win tonight, duh)

That was fun, I miss playing hockey :laugh:

Clapping-gif-tumblr-i19.gif

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Wild need to worry about themselves, not the opponent. Contenders don't care who they face. They play their game.

Well, when a team bends you over as much as St. Louis has to us, we can worry about playing them a little bit. Especially if the consensus is that Yeo needs to win a series to get a job extension.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'd say, you can't control what other teams do, how they play. You can't control the standings. Keep your focus where you can make the difference. It's how you play the game. Simple as that. No matter what the lineup is, go full steam with players you've got.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I just want to see us get past the first round, and I would like to play the team that would give us the best shot at doing that.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I'd say, you can't control what other teams do, how they play. You can't control the standings. Keep your focus where you can make the difference. It's how you play the game. Simple as that. No matter what the lineup is, go full steam with players you've got.

This. Don't let off the gas, keep playing hard and winning. Carry the momentum to the playoffs. Others will decide their own fate, we better be ready for any opponent, they are all tough at this time of the year.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Here are the last 10 games for the potential matchups:

W - L - T

Minnesota: 5-3-2 (63%)

Anaheim: 7-3-0 (70%)
Colorado: 5-2-3 (71%)
Chicago: 5-4-1 (56%)
St Louis: 4-4-2 (50%)
San Jose: 4-4-2 (50%)

Anaheim is the hottest team right now with Colorado close behind. Chicago is slightly better than St Louis and San Jose. Wild are right there in the mix between Colorado and Chicago.

On paper, San Jose would be the closest to a slumping team right now. I would really want to avoid Anaheim as they have been the best team in the league for ROW.

Colorado would probably be my favored matchup if such a thing exists, but if we're doing anything other than patting ourselves on the back for not collapsing in the first round, just win some games.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Well, when a team bends you over as much as St. Louis has to us, we can worry about playing them a little bit. Especially if the consensus is that Yeo needs to win a series to get a job extension.

yeah, you're kidding yourself if you don't think it's a little in the back of your head going into the post season playing a team that has dominated you. I don't know if Yeo's job depends on winning a series, but it probably has a little to do with how well they lose if they do. We played Chicago (cup champions) fairly closely in our series which gets overlooked often. if we manage the same vs the Blues he'll be fine. if the games turn into monkey stomping it might not be so good.
Players believe in juju no matter if it's rational or not--our record in Dallas, Oiler's record here...That **** stays in you head. You can use it for motivation and come out hard but the trick will to keep it from making you (as a player) panic if you fall behind early in a game or let in a couple goals in a row. I think our little stretch of come from behind in the third period games should go a long way toward countering that inclination though.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Per Bob McKenzie:

MIN's Mike Rupp will have a phone hearing today with @NHLPlayerSafety today for hit on STL T.J. Oshie last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad