2013/14 Injury Update Thread

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Disappointing update on Sieloff from the Flames website. It said apparently he won't be good to go until early 2014, thus ending his chance of playing at the WJC. Must be some crazy infection.

He now has a deadly case of mrsa then if he cannot play until early 2014. I'm VERY surprised he got mrsa, especially if the team cleans all of his equipment.

Not only this, but now he'll have to be even more careful when he gets back as mrsa stays with you for many years without even knowing you have it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Disappointing update on Sieloff from the Flames website. It said apparently he won't be good to go until early 2014, thus ending his chance of playing at the WJC. Must be some crazy infection.
I am just encouraged they are talking about him playing at this point in time. Staph infections can be extremely serious and even life threatening.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Is Gio back tomorrow? In his interviews, he's talking about how he feels great and is pain free and everything, but I haven't heard anything about whether he actually expects to return to the lineup. Sounds like it, though!

EDIT: Hartley says he's a "strong possibility" if the medical staff green-lights him tomorrow morning.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
According to millions twitter account, Mcgratten sustained a knee injury in practice today. The flames have also recalled lane macdermid, which would further support that Mcgratten will be going to the IR

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Quick injury update from the Flames official website

Flames center Matt Stajan (knee) is day-to-day. Defenceman Kris Russell (knee) and center Blair Jones (knee) are out. Left wing Curtis Glencross (ankle) and defenceman Dennis Wideman (hand) are on injured reserve.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ramo skated today for the first time. Says it felt good, but he didn't do anything too strenuous. Still no idea when he'll join a practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad