2013/14 Injury Update Thread

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
According to flames twitter, David jones to IR and Blair Jones recalled from Abby.

Glad we brought up someone that can win a faceoffs I guess this means Colborne to RW.

TJ Galiardi - Mikael Backlund - Jiri Hudler
Curtis Glencross - Ben Street - Joe Colborne
Sven Baertschi - Sean Monahan - Lee Stampniak
Lance Bouma - Blair Jones - Brian McGrattan

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Glad we brought up someone that can win a faceoffs I guess this means Colborne to RW.

TJ Galiardi - Mikael Backlund - Jiri Hudler
Curtis Glencross - Ben Street - Joe Colborne
Sven Baertschi - Sean Monahan - Lee Stampniak
Lance Bouma - Blair Jones - Brian McGrattan

I would like to see Glencross and Galiardi switched in that lineup, with the Street line moved down to third line.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Street's line has been the shutdown line they get as much ice time as the other teams top line gets.

Right, but I would prefer Galiardi to be in a defensive role more than Glencross. When we aren't on the powerplay, Glencross doesn't see much of the offensive end at all.

TylerSVT*

Breen down to AHL on conditioning stint, D. Jones on IR, B.Jones recalled

Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 40s
The #Flames have recalled B. Jones from the #AHLHeat, placed @djones5454 on the IR & assigned Breen to the Heat ~ http://cflam.es/1acZAby

BJones sits on Friday, Jackman in.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
David Jones is a huge loss. Between him, Stajan, and Cammy on injuries, the goals will be harder to come by. And we're not winning because of defense

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 40s
The #Flames have recalled B. Jones from the #AHLHeat, placed @djones5454 on the IR & assigned Breen to the Heat ~ http://cflam.es/1acZAby

BJones sits on Friday, Jackman in.

image.php

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Wait we need a center that can win faceoffs so we recall Jones only to sit him for Jackman? What a puzzling move its not like Grats is needed against NJ.

Jersey has a few tough guys and body throwers. They're fresh off two losses so I bet they come out firing on all cylinders. They too are an underdog, so this will be a good test for the Flames

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Jersey has a few tough guys and body throwers. They're fresh off two losses so I bet they come out firing on all cylinders. They too are an underdog, so this will be a good test for the Flames

Even then it doesn't explain why not sit either Jackman or Grats so we can win more than 40% of the faceoffs.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Let Jones get a few practices under him and watch a game To get the flow of the game down and get an idea of the systems.

It sucks The other Jones had to get hurt when he was having such a good start to the season

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Let Jones get a few practices under him and watch a game To get the flow of the game down and get an idea of the systems.

It sucks The other Jones had to get hurt when he was having such a good start to the season

He played the entire system I think he probably knows the system just fine to play Colborne's 5 minutes and win us some faceoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad