2013/14 Injury Update Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Post all injury updates and questions in here. Can a MOD please sticky this as well?

Does anyone have any news on Klimchuk? I really hope he gets some time in this training camp, I think it would be huge for his development.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Injuries so far that I am aware of are:

Chris Breen who had season ending shoulder surgery last season and isn't playing yet.
Morgan Klimchuk who has an ankle (?) injury. I am unsure of the cause.
Turner Elson who was injured on a clean hit by Stajan in a scrimmage, I am unsure of what the injury is.

I am unsure of timelines too.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought Klimchuk had an abdominal strain?

And I heard that about Elson, sounds like Stajan got him pretty good in practice. I don't like to see our guys get hurt, but good on Matty to be dishing it out for a change.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It could be abdominal, for some reason ankle is stuck in my head but I could easily be wrong.

Reinhart was also injured but is skating with the team today

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
Klimchuk does have the abdominal strain, he can skate and such but cannot play. He is around the team at practices and in press box at games, taking everything in.

Link

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Apparently Cammy and Hudler have minor injuries and won't play Monday. Hartley hopes they should be ready for our opener though.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Cammelerri out for extended period

According to roger millions and various other news outlets on twitter.

@RogMillions: Mike Cammalleri, big question for #Flames. Hearing significant injury to his hand. Has missed games and much of pre season.

@RogMillions: Cammalleri may miss much more time. He is skating, but major issues holding his stick..etc... tough loss for rebuilding #Flames if so

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Am I the only one whose first thought was "great, another spot for a young guy!"? Roman Horak, anyone?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Am I the only one whose first thought was "great, another spot for a young guy!"? Roman Horak, anyone?

No, not at all. And he was the first name that came to my mind. There's a very good chance that throughout the entire season that at least one winger will be injured, so Horak will see minutes this season.

This does suck though, I want Cammy to have a huge season so we can move him for a hefty return.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No, not at all. And he was the first name that came to my mind. There's a very good chance that throughout the entire season that at least one winger will be injured, so Horak will see minutes this season.

This does suck though, I want Cammy to have a huge season so we can move him for a hefty return.

I don't know how much an early-season injury is going to affect that, though. He's a proven playoff performer and his point totals would likely be taken with a grain of salt by other managers anyway, given he's on the Flames.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Feasters on Hockey Central at Noon and he just said at this time their goal is to have Cammy ready to go by time the season starts

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Feasters on Hockey Central at Noon and he just said at this time their goal is to have Cammy ready to go by time the season starts

That's what I heard Hartley say as well, hopefully this is the case.

MG, this is exactly why I traded you Cammy. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Millions is an idiot with his speculation. I heard Hartley on the fan today and he said Cammy is skating, his hand is injured but it doesn't look to serious. He said he hopes to have both him and Hudler available for the opener.

Millions has zero credibility to me.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Millions is an idiot with his speculation. I heard Hartley on the fan today and he said Cammy is skating, his hand is injured but it doesn't look to serious. He said he hopes to have both him and Hudler available for the opener.

Millions has zero credibility to me.
I agree about Millions, how he stays employed is beyond me.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah according to him, Cammy should of been traded by now and Raymond should be a Flame. It's fine if he hears things, but don't tweet it until you know something as fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad