Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 9

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
i wonder who the decent winger was who was offered

If I had to take a guess it would have been Winnipeg with either Ladd or Wheeler offered.

They are very weak down the middle but strong at the wing and switching one for a center upgrade would help them now and long term.

Kadri doesn't get Kane in a straight up deal who is still likely to be the next premier power forward in this league.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If I had to take a guess it would have been Winnipeg with either Ladd or Wheeler offered.

They are very weak down the middle but strong at the wing and switching one for a center upgrade would help them now and long term.

Kadri doesn't get Kane in a straight up deal who is still likely to be the next premier power forward in this league.

If it was Ladd I'd say the deal would be done. Wheeler is a good guess though.

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON

Wheeler has a cap hit of $5+ million. Why do people not get it? We can't add guys like O'Reilly, Wheeler, Stastny, etc. without trading significant salary back. Kadri's cap hit is only $2.9 million.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

Do you actually think that the deal would be done if it were Ladd?

4.4 mill for 2 more years is pretty reasonable for him and he's a great leader. But I think that the Peg would have to eat up some salary if they were to make that trade.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Do you actually think that the deal would be done if it were Ladd?

4.4 mill for 2 more years is pretty reasonable for him and he's a great leader. But I think that the Peg would have to eat up some salary if they were to make that trade.

There'd be some salary moving around somehow, but I think Nonis would pull the trigger on it, ya.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008

Ladd is 28 and only locked up for 2 more years then is a UFA.

Kadri is just entering his prime and is team controlled for 4 more years with next year at a very affordable cap hit.

Kadri has more value in my eyes when contract and that he plays center are taken into account. If we're trading Kadri I'm expecting a center under 25 who brings more of an all around game or is almost assured to project to like a Couterier, Schenn, Lindholm, Stepan, ROR with Adam Henrique being the one name I'd watch out for.

Jersey desperately needs help on offence. Henrique is 24 and locked up for 5 more years at 4 million. He doesn't have the offensive upside of Kadri but he can be used in all situations unlike Kadri. Personally I take Kadri and his upside in a straight up deal but other pieces could be thrown into the mix like a younger Dman in Fayne, Larsson, Gelinas,

In the end if Kadri is dealt it'll be a youth for youth type deal with multiple years of team control. Nonis has stated he isn't going for short term fixes.

PugFugly

Sep 30, 2008

Kane would be an unreal grab though, even if we had to add quite a bit.

Kane with Holland and Lupul would be a big upgrade on Raymond Kadri and Lupul IMO.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If we're trading Kadri, we likely get a player near his age. Which winger under 25 is not a fit for their team right now and would appreciate a change of scenery...

Evander Kane? I don't know if I would give up Kadri and more for Evander Kane...

It makes sense for the Leafs to be after a big winger though. Bozak can be on that top line till we find a way to get a better center than him, Bolland and Holland could take care of lines 2 and 3.

Kadri nets us a good winger.

JvR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Bolland Kane

Not the best center depth but both centers are great defensively and all top 4 wingers have or will have great scoring ability.

Kadri is a good talented player and we should be able to get quite a bit for him if he were ever traded.

JMcLeaf

Thoughts on signing Downie in the offseason?

I can't decide if it's a good or bad idea. He's a player that can play on any line and adds toughness, but he takes dumb penalties and doesn't have the best reputation. I'd want a short cheap contract if we did sign him.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Our RW depth is pretty set. Kessel, Lupul, and Clarkson. I'd like him but I don't know if he can play the left side. Even then, I REALLY like Jerry D.

Edit: Forgot Lupul likes the left side now. Guess this changes things of sort. Don't know if we really want Clarky on our 2nd line though.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Kadri Trade Rumours Persist. Agree or Disagree?

So Darren Dreger continues to speculate that Nazem Kadi's tenure as a Maple Leaf will come to an end before the trade deadline. Really on the fence with this one. I like Kadri's game but part of me feels that he may not end up being the offensive force we hoped and maybe best to move him while his value is still relatively high.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Why is Kane the next premier power forward in this league but Kadri a bust?

Kadri has outscored him the past two years (however in more games this year) and they are only 10 months apart

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He put up nearly a PPG last year with his first real shot in the NHL.

Have some ****ing patience, it would be a horrific move it we traded him. I guarantee he would light up the league again with his new team if we were to trade him. Let's not be stupid here. We better not be trading him based on his performance this year, if he's being traded we better damn well bring back a top-end defensive prospect or top-4 reliable defensemen. Not to mention he's one of our EXTREME few home-grown, developed talents.

mikebel111*

So Darren Dreger continues to speculate that Nazem Kadi's tenure as a Maple Leaf will come to an end before the trade deadline. Really on the fence with this one. I like Kadri's game but part of me feels that he may not end up being the offensive force we hoped and maybe best to move him while his value is still relatively high.

since when is his value high?

it's at a low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad