Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 9

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
Kadri has to go, he's the epitome of whats wrong with this team. Him reimer franson and some 1st's have to be flipped for a top pairing defenseman.

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Kadri value is probably at a low right now. Reimer and Franson will not get you much either.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Kadri has to go, he's the epitome of whats wrong with this team. Him reimer franson and some 1st's have to be flipped for a top pairing defenseman.

Like who ?
I think we should save the picks btw

Kadri Gardiner Reimer Franson
There's lots of guys to trade

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kulemin to Pittsburgh for either 1st or a 2nd along with a prospect like Sundqvist or Harrington.

Raymond to a team like the Sharks for a package of picks, maybe a top 90 pick and Chris Tierney.

Fraser for a 5th or 6th, maybe Edmonton.

Franson for a 1st round pick straight up or a 2nd and a good prospect. Wouldn't sell low though, still a RFA. I'm on the fence dealing him despite his stuggles.

I would also probably let go McClement if a team is willing to overpay for him services. If Gaustad can fetch a 1st round pick, I think we can at the very least get a 2nd and a 3rd, or something along those lines. I love him but I think we can see that he's not a defensive god here. He would be great on a contender.

Just like that, 6-7 picks and a prospect or two for role players. Reload in the off-season and re-evaluate your prospects development.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Kulemin to Pittsburgh for either 1st or a 2nd along with a prospect like Sundqvist or Harrington.

Raymond to a team like the Sharks for a package of picks, maybe a top 90 pick and Chris Tierney.

Franson for a 1st round pick straight up or a 2nd and a good prospect. Wouldn't sell low though, still a RFA.

I would also probably let go McClement if a team is willing to overpay for him services. If Gaustad can fetch a 1st round pick, I think we can at the very least get a 2nd and a 3rd, or something along those lines. I love him but I think we can see that he's not a defensive god here. He would be great on a contender.

Just like that, 6-7 picks and a prospect or two for role players. Reload in the off-season and re-evaluate your prospects development.

2015 picks I hope

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
With no faith in this organization in ever rebuilding, I say just break the bank and trade for a 1C among other pieces

Trade all our draft picks + our prospects and just go for it

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
2015 picks I hope

Whatever, really doesn't matter. As long as we grab value for basically role players, and players that probably won't be back next year. They can be replaced in free agency for the most part.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Franson for a 1st round pick straight up or a 2nd and a good prospect. Wouldn't sell low though, still a RFA. I'm on the fence dealing him despite his stuggles.

I am pro this - it's how the good teams do it .. The Leafs have some kids like D'Amigo, Ashton, Holland, Leivo etc.. Who can start getting their chances with the big club (some more full time than others) .. Just rotate them in based on who's playing well

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Kulemin to Pittsburgh for either 1st or a 2nd along with a prospect like Megna or Harrington.

Franson for a 1st round pick straight up or a 2nd and a good prospect.

Just like that, 5-6 picks and a prospect or two for role players.

Kulemin will get a 2nd and nothing else. What does he do to deserve anything more? Chemistry with Malkin? From how many years ago?

Raymond might get a 2nd since he has decent point totals and can play the PK, and is very cheap this year, but giving up Tierney as well for a guy likely looking at 2-4m a year after?

Fraser probably

Franson. If i'm a team with a very bad PP and can shelter him I might give up a first at the deadline if nothing else is available.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bolland will easily have the most deadline value, if he's healthy of course.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kulemin will get a 2nd and nothing else. What does he do to deserve anything more? Chemistry with Malkin? From how many years ago?

Raymond might get a 2nd since he has decent point totals and can play the PK, and is very cheap this year, but giving up Tierney as well for a guy likely looking at 2-4m a year after?

Fraser probably

Franson. If i'm a team with a very bad PP and can shelter him I might give up a first at the deadline if nothing else is available.

You have to remember that the trading deadline see's the value of players skyrocket.

Kulemin can move up or down your lineup with ease and he's a really good 2-way player. I think you are underrating his skillset at the deadline. I have seen lesser players fetch more in recent years. Kulemin and Malkin played together during the lockout last year and they are to be Olympic linemates, with Ovechkin.

Again, same for Raymond. Third in points here and is basically free on the cap. Good depth player that adds a huge amount of speed to any team, and the Sharks love that speed. They need to go for it and Raymond fits well on that team. The value may be high but I think it's fair.

With Franson, you are betting on potential and his RFA status. He's basically a protected rental. Probably a bit over valued in my 'proposals' but I'm still high on Franson despite sucking bad right now.

EDIT: I have a sprained finger so typing sucks for me. Sorry for typos.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Tough because he won't hit the ice until after the Olympics and the deadline will be right around the corner.

I'm not sure many teams will line up for him but I agree that he could fetch something huge if he's healthy. I think he'll stay here though.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I read the other day

That the Leafs have 71.1 committed for thirteen players next year already. If true :help: :help:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Ship out Kulemin, Raymond, and Bolland. Creates some capspace going forward, and we could probably get something along the lines of ~three 2nd rounders + two mid-late rounders for the three of them. Doesn't sound "sexy", but those types of moves pay off in the longrun. Look at how many 2nd rounders Nashville had the year they drafted Weber. These things are lottery tickets, more = better odds of finding a gem, and trust me, we NEED a gem. Not more 2nd/3rd liners.

Reimers value was highest back in November... its a little lower now, plus its a soft goalie market. He'd probably be best moved in a package, maybe him + Franson together could have some decent value, enough to bring in an upgrade over Franson or a decent Centre piece.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

Bolland is not a player you replace easily. I would not move him

I'm on the fence with Lupul. Such a great player when healthy and a true leader on this team. Could see a direct swap for someone like Girardi but would be a tough move to make....which probably means its fair. Leafs would be a better team?

I move Reimer, Kulemin, Gunnar, Franson, Kadri in that order of assets that should have good value

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Trade the bank for Giroux.

Bozak + Gardiner + Franson + 1st

Kadri for Larsson

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That the Leafs have 71.1 committed for thirteen players next year already. If true :help: :help:

Uh, no.

The salary cap is rumoured to be 71.1M for next year. Leafs have 50M tied up in 13 players, so they have 21M to spend on about 7 players.

UFA: Kulemin, McClement, Raymond, Bolland, Smith, Fraser, Ranger

RFA: Ashton, D'Amigo, Franson, Reimer, Gardiner

I'd say we are in a very good position.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Tough because he won't hit the ice until after the Olympics and the deadline will be right around the corner.

I'm not sure many teams will line up for him but I agree that he could fetch something huge if he's healthy. I think he'll stay here though.

Are players allowed on the ice during the break?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Bolland is not a player you replace easily. I would not move him

I'm on the fence with Lupul. Such a great player when healthy and a true leader on this team. Could see a direct swap for someone like Girardi but would be a tough move to make....which probably means its fair. Leafs would be a better team?

I move Reimer, Kulemin, Gunnar, Franson, Kadri in that order of assets that should have good value

He can always come back in the summer.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Trade the bank for Giroux.

Bozak + Gardiner + Franson + 1st

Kadri for Larsson

How is that 'the bank'? haha

You need to target teams that are open to making moves. New Jersey, Columbus, Florida, Buffalo, Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton.

No team in a playoff race will consider moving their best player - it just won't happen.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
You have to remember that the trading deadline see's the value of players skyrocket.

Kulemin can move up or down your lineup with ease and he's a really good 2-way player. I think you are underrating his skillset at the deadline. I have seen lesser players fetch more in recent years. Kulemin and Malkin played together during the lockout last year and they are to be Olympic linemates, with Ovechkin.

Again, same for Raymond. Third in points here and is basically free on the cap. Good depth player that adds a huge amount of speed to any team, and the Sharks love that speed. They need to go for it and Raymond fits well on that team. The value may be high but I think it's fair.

With Franson, you are betting on potential and his RFA status. He's basically a protected rental. Probably a bit over valued in my 'proposals' but I'm still high on Franson despite sucking bad right now.

EDIT: I have a sprained finger so typing sucks for me. Sorry for typos.

No worries. If someone can't understand simple typos they're dumber than the person making them.

Anyways, I see what you're saying about Kulemin, but he's a UFA and there probably would be some hesitation about him resigning. He really does like TO. Plus, although I think anyone can play with Crosby/Malkin, and do well, does he play with either? If I'm trading for him it's most likely as a bottom 6 guy because he is very good at that. I know people bring up Gaustad as an example, but he is different. He can do everything Kulemin can defensively, plus faceoffs, fight, and leadership. Don't get me wrong, i'd love for him to take that in a trade, but I don't think he does.

Raymond again I don't doubt he is worth that much, just wonder if the Sharks, with Tierney as one of their best center prospects, and an old Thornton want to take that chance. Hamilton might be the guy they say good-bye to

My hatred of Franson clouds my judgement. I admit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad