Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 10

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
O'Reilly is a very good player, but there's no way in hell I'm trading Rielly for him.

I'd love ROR though. Something for ROR and then Kadri for Larsson?

Idk.

But nooooo way to Kadri for Colin Wilson. Wilson has shown very little progress in this league.

I didn't say I wanted to trade Kadri for Wilson, but would be more interested if the Preds added a good prospect like Sissons or Ekholm.

Wilson still as a lot of potential. He's spent his career in Nashville for god sakes, when does any player on that team score more than 60 points? The kid has no chance to grow offensively. Who knows what kind of player he can turn into in a more offensive system with talented linemates? Plus you know you're getting a two way player back who was developd by Trotz.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I didn't say I wanted to trade Kadri for Wilson, but would be more interested if the Preds added a good prospect like Sissons or Ekholm.

Wilson still as a lot of potential. He's spent his career in Nashville for god sakes, when does any player on that team score more than 60 points? The kid has no chance to grow offensively. Who knows what kind of player he can turn into in a more offensive system with talented linemates?

That is very true lol that team under Trotz' is about defence and only defence lol

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Maybe if he made between $5-$6 and less term. He makes a ton of $$$.

but that's not what I asked.
what I asked was forget what he was making for a minute, would someone like Campbell help our team?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
but that's not what I asked.
what I asked was forget what he was making for a minute, would someone like Campbell help our team?

Then I'd have to decline, unless of course Florida took Clarkson's contract. I'd do that trade.

Maybe Ben Scrivens would like to come back as a backup next year.

I would gladly take Scrivens back as a backup. I always thought he and Reimer were a perfectly fine duo. Bernier plus Scrivens would be fine with me too.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
One of our realistic targets this offseason (if he makes it to FA) is Dan Girardi.

Obviously he looks like a good fit, defensive RHD, partner for Phaneuf, hometown guy.

Still have my reservations though I have a feeling this guy is going to be the Clarkson of d-men and sign a big ass contract this offseason. I fell for it once with Clarkson the whole hometown hero coming home to save the day story but i'm scared it will happen again.

Our best hope is Stu Percy breaks out next year. Hometown guy as well on an ELC.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Percy and Granberg are ahead of Finn.

Raymond isn't much.

O'Rielly is a #1C.

I remember proposing last year gardiner for ror and people said I was crazy for doing that....

And go watch Finn he's probably the best of the bunch

mikebel111*

I remember proposing last year gardiner for ror and people said I was crazy for doing that....

And go watch Finn he's probably the best of the bunch

Finn and percy are exactly what we need on defense
Love these 2 but like finn a little more

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
I would trade Kadri + Franson for O'Reilly + a pick

I just thought of that as well.

Kadri + Ashton + Franson

for

O'Reilly + 2nd in 2014

That way they get their Dman and they also get a nice scoring piece for upfront for their playoff run. We finally get a solid young centermen.

Then we can deal Reimer to get a solid stay at home dman (Isles or Jets). And if we still want some more scoring up front, we can dangle our 1st if the price is right.

Last edited:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It would be nice to hang on to our drafted 1st rounders we develop for once.

What does it matter? As long as any deal involving Kadri makes the team better, i'm all for it. The problem with a Kadri for "Young Player X" trade is we likely won't know who benefits the most for a few years.

The notion of holding on to a player just because he was drafted by the Leafs is ridiculous, and a terrible way to run a sports franchise. I get that trading young players has blown up in the Leafs faces in the past, but those situations in no way apply to whether to trade Kadri or not. If management just decided to hold onto all drafted players then JVR wouldn't be our 1st line LW and Bernier wouldn't be our #1 goaltender.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Franson plus for ROR

Kulemin Holland for Sutter

Kadri for Colin Wilson plus a 3rd.

Raymond for pick

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
What about a deal revolving around Franson for Chiasson? Maybe expand it to include Raymond + and add robidas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad