Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 10

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Can someone post Dreg's summary here?

Nothing new to report really.

He went crazy that Reimer almost cost the Leafs the game while saying Bernier was lights out against Bruins.

Felt like Ratboy from Hf on radio.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
He didnt say anything that hasnt been said in the past 48 about Kadri. Mentioned that the goalie market was really thin in regards to Reimer, really only Edmonton and NYI looking.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Why do none of these radio hosts grow a pair and ask questions that leafs fans want answers on:

What are contract renewal status of Kulemin, Bolland, McClement, and Raymond (lol)?

It is obvious Nonis isn't going to say anything negative about Kadri or Reimer as it will hurt the trade value.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Apparently, I posted the wrong link in the last page of previous thread.

Can a mod open the thread and fix it?

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Anything new for the new trade rumour thread:naughty:

Im afraid to post these days! lol

Last time that I posted that I felt Kadri may be the odd man out and shopped now until the summer, people jumped down my throat!

Now that it's come to light that the calls are still flowing and that its a very realistic option he's moved, nobody's jumping down Nonis's throat?

:laugh:

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Dont trade Kadri. For frig sake cant we just keep our high draft picks, 1 season removed from a ppg year even? Eveyone on this team at some point this season has sucked ass but we just love to hate On this guy. Ifyoure going to hate make it worthwhile and aim it at Ranger and Franson. Id move those guys for a new pop machine in the players lounge, or whatever I could get and bring up Brennan and Granberg.

Kyle Doobas*

Last time that I posted that I felt Kadri may be the odd man out and shopped now until the summer, people jumped down my throat!

Now that it's come to light that the calls are still flowing and that its a very realistic option he's moved, nobody's jumping down Nonis's throat?

Chuck rumours used to be like 75% of the reason I went on HFBoards. :laugh:

I don't know if I see Kadri being moved though tbh. You have to imagine the asking price would involve a center coming back our way, and trading a guy with Kadri's potential for someone who might be a better two-way player right now, but with lesser long-term upside, or somebody older than Kadri isn't a move I can imagine Nonis making. It just seems like one of those scenarios where all the planets would have to align for something to even come up that made sense for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I find it very peculiar how we're handling our centre situation.

Grabovski was our best centre in terms of skill. Bought out.
Kadri certainly has the most potential and best hands. Being shopped possibly

It must be because we are looking to be a Carlyle team long term and they don't fit the mould of centres we want to build around

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I find it very peculiar how we're handling our centre situation.

Grabovski was our best centre in terms of skill. Bought out.
Kadri certainly has the most potential and best hands. Being shopped possibly

It must be because we are looking to be a Carlyle team long term and they don't fit the mould of centres we want to build around

Who exactly does fit?

Bolland? Bozak? These guys are 2nd line C at best. Bolland is not even that.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Who exactly does fit?

Bolland? Bozak? These guys are 2nd line C at best. Bolland is not even that.

I'd say Bolland and McClement do in the bottom six- I think they should do well in our system. Both of them hustle

As for Bozak - probably not, but as a 2nd line centre he's not a bad option

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Do I want to trade Kadri? No.

Am I willing to? Yes.

Can't judge trading him (if we do) until we see the return. What if it is Kadri + Gardiner for Duchene? Two leafs that many have no interest in trading whatsoever, would those people still be upset if that was the return?

Can't get mad at names floating around out there, get mad at the return.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I'd say Bolland and McClement do in the bottom six- I think they should do well in our system. Both of them hustle

As for Bozak - probably not, but as a 2nd line centre he's not a bad option

Bozak is a great option for 2nd line C, but you need an elite 1C to compensate for scoring as bozak is more defensive.

I'd prefer a true #1 two-way centre and then kadri at 2C as he has more scoring ability.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I have also found that the price tag for star players isn't always as high as you'd think it'd be. If they are available, then players are actually obtainable. Some of the proposal here are crazy.

Look at the price tag on Vanek. Top 6 forward + 1st and 2nd. That's not so bad.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I have also found that the price tag for star players isn't always as high as you'd think it'd be. If they are available, then players are actually obtainable. Some of the proposal here are crazy.

The problem is them rarely being available.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

I agree, someone here thought NYI would only think about it if we offered 5 1sts+Reilly+Kadri for JT :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This could be very interesting. It's been out there that the Leafs like O'Rielly. O'Rielly's ban lifts 5 days before the deadline and IF the Avs move him they would want a D-Man.

So, let's say we move Gardiner + Raymond + Finn for him (might have to add a bit more) and then deal Kadri for that deal for the winger Dregs was talking about....

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

I'm pretty pissed off. :laugh:

Probably since you've posted. Kadri was given an extended look on the top line and failed miserably, while Bozak's come back to great success. They've traded for Holland, who although hasn't produced like Kadri, even this year's Kadri, has looked promising. Kadri has played about the same amount of games as last year now and is producing at a 50 point pace, instead of a 75 point pace. The media has speculated Kadri may be available, which knocks people's value down a few pegs on HF.

The perfect storm has happened and the Leafs may trade him. It's disgusting. The same people who were probably sending him tweets asking if they could suck his dick last year are proposing him for every other team's flavour of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad