Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 10

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri hasn't looked good at all this season and he would still be on pace for 50 points if he played all 82 games. That's talent.

He won't be traded cheaply. I don't think the Leafs should be trading him at all. I think he'll bounce back by the end of February.

He's been through a lot this season...contract negotiation (which was way overblown by the media), the illness and eventual death of his grandmother playing on his mind, suspension, first real slump of his career since being a full time NHL'er.

I don't trade Kadri for anything short of overpayment.

Just look at it realistically...if Silfverberg as the main piece going back to Anaheim can fetch you Bobby Ryan, imagine what Kadri could fetch.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Ducks' wish list
What can a team that has won 18 of 19 games possibly need? A right-handed defenseman, that’s what.

The NHL-leading Anaheim Ducks, we’re told, put acquiring a right-handed defenseman at the top of their wish list between now and the March 5 trade deadline. There may have been some interest in Dan Girardi, but the New York Rangers right now are in the mindset they’re going to keep the blueliner, hopeful/confident they can re-sign the pending free agent.

In any case, if Anaheim can acquire a right-handed D-man between now and March 5, that would be the goal.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/...or-goalies-countdown-to-ryan-oreilly-decision

Take Franson PLEASE!

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I'm pretty pissed off. :laugh:

Probably since you've posted. Kadri was given an extended look on the top line and failed miserably, while Bozak's come back to great success. They've traded for Holland, who although hasn't produced like Kadri, even this year's Kadri, has looked promising. Kadri has played about the same amount of games as last year now and is producing at a 50 point pace, instead of a 75 point pace. The media has speculated Kadri may be available, which knocks people's value down a few pegs on HF.

The perfect storm has happened and the Leafs may trade him. It's disgusting. The same people who were probably sending him tweets asking if they could suck his dick last year are proposing him for every other team's flavour of the week.

Whoa!!! Read the rules and regulations dude! Little inappropriate

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This could be very interesting. It's been out there that the Leafs like O'Rielly. O'Rielly's ban lifts 5 days before the deadline and IF the Avs move him they would want a D-Man.

So, let's say we move Gardiner + Raymond + Finn for him (might have to add a bit more) and then deal Kadri for that deal for the winger Dregs was talking about....

:help:

When did O'Reilly turn into an all star. Gardiner, Raymond and our best defensive prospect not in the NHL for O'Reilly!

That's a lot.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Ducks' wish list
What can a team that has won 18 of 19 games possibly need? A right-handed defenseman, that’s what.

The NHL-leading Anaheim Ducks, we’re told, put acquiring a right-handed defenseman at the top of their wish list between now and the March 5 trade deadline. There may have been some interest in Dan Girardi, but the New York Rangers right now are in the mindset they’re going to keep the blueliner, hopeful/confident they can re-sign the pending free agent.

In any case, if Anaheim can acquire a right-handed D-man between now and March 5, that would be the goal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/...or-goalies-countdown-to-ryan-oreilly-decision

Take Franson PLEASE!

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Im afraid to post these days! lol

Last time that I posted that I felt Kadri may be the odd man out and shopped now until the summer, people jumped down my throat!

Now that it's come to light that the calls are still flowing and that its a very realistic option he's moved, nobody's jumping down Nonis's throat?

:laugh:

Odd man out isn't what the case is. It's that teams are asking for him the other way around of the stipulation that he's being actively shopped as somebody they don't view as part of the future as the odd man out. If he was being shopped they would have traded him by now as was the case with Gardiner not too long ago and Phanuef in the off season . Neither of those guys were traded cause they weren't being actively shopped. Nonis has no untouchables the whole team is available for trade.. It makes a Big difference in what the parameters for trading Kadri is all about.... Call me crazy but I will laugh my @ss off when it's the new golden boy on this site Holland is the one they trade.;) The price for trading Kadri isn't one that will be easily met for it to make sense for Nonis to trade him.

Not too long ago when both players were young there was a trade Hossa for Heatly. That's the level of trade Nonis has in sight and I'm not sure that trade is out there to be made. It's definitely not a ROR for Kadri never mind adding assets on top of Kadri cause Colorado wants D.

The only one I see that fits the bill is to Edmonton for Hopkins

Last edited:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Odd man out isn't what the case is. It's that teams are asking for him the other way around of the stipulation that he's being actively shopped as somebody they don't view as part of the future as the odd man out. If he was being shopped they would have traded him by now as was the case with Gardiner not too long ago and Phanuef in the off season . Neither of those guys were traded cause they weren't being actively shopped. Nonis has no untouchables the whole team is available for trade.. It makes a Big difference in what the parameters for trading Kadri is all about.... Call me crazy but I will laugh my @ss off when it's the new golden boy on this site Holland is the one they trade.;) The price for trading Kadri isn't one that will be easily met for it to make sense for Nonis to trade him.

Not too long ago when both players were young there was a trade Hossa for Heatly. That's the level of trade Nonis has in sight and I'm not sure that trade is out there to be made. It's definitely not a ROR for Kadri never mind adding assets on top of Kadri cause if the Leafs had such interest that trade would have been made by now.

The only one I see that fits the bill is to Edmonton for Hopkins

Colorado can't trade ROR yet can they? I think they are stuck with him for the season because of the offer sheet match. 0 chance the Leafs could pry RNH out of Edmonton. If he was not a #1 overall pick with that great 18 year old season their might be something there, but as it is, there is a huge gap in perceived value.

Tough to find the right deal and get that quality back. Probably outside of their division, with a struggling club who's young stud looks good but not good enough for their liking. The Islanders and Florida look like the best fit to me. Edmonton as well, but the only player they would likely want to offer is Gagner but he is struggling worse than Kadri and also lacks size and faceoff skills. I would try for Strome or Huberdeau but Strome is a step down from NK in terms of proven ability against the league, and I don't know how attached the Panthers are to Huberdeau. He scored at 50 point clip last year as a 19 year old so I doubt Kadri gets him for you even up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:help:

When did O'Reilly turn into an all star. Gardiner, Raymond and our best defensive prospect not in the NHL for O'Reilly!

That's a lot.

Percy and Granberg are ahead of Finn.

Raymond isn't much.

O'Rielly is a #1C.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
O'Rielly is better then Bozak. I'm not saying O'Rielly is an all-star, but he's an actual #1C

Since when did O'Rielly become a 1st line centre?

If Im comparing both Bozak and ORielly to guys like Getzlaf, Crosby or even Backstrom, I just don't see a comparable skill set to those guys.

I think O'Rielly will translate into a solid 2nd line centre.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Jax Teller hit the nail on the head. And it's funny seeing people salivate over ROR here, looks like that Avs fan collective overrating has been successful in creating illusions of grandeur.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I have a trade for ROR, ok no I don't. But if I had to, Jake Gardiner would be all. That's it, just Jake.

On second thought maybe just Franson.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
When I think of ROR, I think of a guy who is soon going to be like a Backes or even a Mike Richards. Do want.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
And ROR has matched his career high in goals 18 tonite halfway thru the season. Keeps getting better and what do we see from Kadri............................. Yep nothing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Remember when people said Aulie was gonna be a stud? Apparently he's on the block.

Love that trade still to this day. I even think Ashton could have 3rd line upside down the line. That would be fantastic and our 4th line of Ashton Mc D'Amigo is something to be excited about In the future. Awesome line gotta give them 8-10 minutes and tell them to just their thing no holding them back.

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
The big thing that stands out to me are O'Reilly's faceoff percentage and his giveaway:takeaway ratio. Anyone know if he has been playing C or LW?

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Colorado can't trade ROR yet can they? I think they are stuck with him for the season because of the offer sheet match. 0 chance the Leafs could pry RNH out of Edmonton. If he was not a #1 overall pick with that great 18 year old season their might be something there, but as it is, there is a huge gap in perceived value.

Tough to find the right deal and get that quality back. Probably outside of their division, with a struggling club who's young stud looks good but not good enough for their liking. The Islanders and Florida look like the best fit to me. Edmonton as well, but the only player they would likely want to offer is Gagner but he is struggling worse than Kadri and also lacks size and faceoff skills. I would try for Strome or Huberdeau but Strome is a step down from NK in terms of proven ability against the league, and I don't know how attached the Panthers are to Huberdeau. He scored at 50 point clip last year as a 19 year old so I doubt Kadri gets him for you even up.

They have a 5 day window before the trade deadline to trade him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:laugh: at people trying to say O'Rielly is bad.

Would instantly be our best center. Possibly our best COMPLETE player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3