Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I know people will look at Blandisi and say "who cares he's just a 6th round pick". But I would utterly disappointed if we do not sign him (exceptation is a training camp invite as Mars described). Going point per game in the OHL as a 19 year old is definitely something to write home about. Then factor in he has ROR personality of always wanting to get better. I honestly believe that the sky is the limit for these types of players.

Agreed. If we have extra room on the 50 man roster then i would like to see him given a chance. He looks decent on paper (ppg player, decent size, physical "get under your skin" style). I would hate to see us give up on him before he really even has a chance in the system.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know people will look at Blandisi and say "who cares he's just a 6th round pick". But I would utterly disappointed if we do not sign him (exceptation is a training camp invite as Mars described). Going point per game in the OHL as a 19 year old is definitely something to write home about. Then factor in he has ROR personality of always wanting to get better. I honestly believe that the sky is the limit for these types of players.

I would be as well, but I am not holding my breath for him to get signed. It seems you are either really skilled and undersized or big with some skill when it comes to forwards with Sakic and Roy. Blandisi seems to be somewhere in the middle there having a slightly undersized frame (5'11"-6' ~190-200 lbs) and only having moderate skill. Of all the players the Avs may not choose to sign this year and the last few years, Blandisi has the highest chance of backfiring on the Avs.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
I would be as well, but I am not holding my breath for him to get signed. It seems you are either really skilled and undersized or big with some skill when it comes to forwards with Sakic and Roy. Blandisi seems to be somewhere in the middle there having a slightly undersized frame (5'11"-6' ~190-200 lbs) and only having moderate skill. Of all the players the Avs may not choose to sign this year and the last few years, Blandisi has the highest chance of backfiring on the Avs.

He has some sick hands. Would hate to lose what he can do with the puck

R S

Sep 18, 2006
That release also finally confirms the signings of Rendulic, Henley, Will and Everberg.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Really glad to see that Bourke signed, great young player. As for Blandisi, I would like for him to at least get a chance on the Monsters and get an AHL deal, because I don't really want to lose his rights. I would like to see him in Lake Erie next year, but it won't break my heart if he isn't. Clarke will definitely not get one, stupid pick. A lot better players were still on the board when he went. Condon is the same as Blandisi to me; I would hate to lose his rights and at least like for him to get an AHL contract and get an invite to camp. Gus Young is the other must sign prospect after Troy Bourke. Still have time to sign him, but get it done Sakic and Roy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Bourke tweeted this pic, he might be a little happy ;)

Bo24qvlIcAA1fWG.jpg

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Wow, a lot of size. It's good to have more depth in AHL. We have been lacking some good players there, hopefully some of them can show up..

That's what I like the see. For every 5'10 Bourke they add to the system, they should be adding 2-3 Rendulics/Henleys/Everbergs.

I'm excited to see how they develop in LE, hopefully Roy gets them a competent coach/development team and they can refine their games there. Everberg is probably the most NHL ready of the bunch, and even he's a long shot to make the team, even with injuries.

Also, will be interesting to see which vets they add to the team come July.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That's what I like the see. For every 5'10 Bourke they add to the system, they should be adding 2-3 Rendulics/Henleys/Everbergs.

I'm excited to see how they develop in LE, hopefully Roy gets them a competent coach/development team and they can refine their games there. Everberg is probably the most NHL ready of the bunch, and even he's a long shot to make the team, even with injuries.

Vets are extremely important to a successful AHL team. They really help with the development of the younger guys as well. The IceCaps are 1 win away from making it to the Calder Cup finals and some of the most key reasons for that are guys like Andrew Gordon, Jerome Samson, Kael Mouillierat and of course their captain Jason Jaffray.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Apparently to be drafted by the Avs you have to have some ancient photo of yourself from your childhood years in an Avs jersey...

It does seem like a bunch of players around the league, have some kind of photo when they were young of them in an Avs jersey.

I guess when most of these players were growing up the Avs were one of the premier teams in the league. Plus we had a bunch of players that young kids wanted to be like, such as Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Bourque, Blake etc. I guess it makes sense as to why a lot of players were Avs fans growing up.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It does seem like a bunch of players around the league, have some kind of photo when they were young of them in an Avs jersey.

I guess when most of these players were growing up the Avs were one of the premier teams in the league. Plus we had a bunch of players that young kids wanted to be like, such as Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Bourque, Blake etc. I guess it makes sense as to why a lot of players were Avs fans growing up.

Indeed. Which I think will bode well for us going forwards in UFA and possibly in trades.

I think we'll see that trend re-start before to long. Someone I work with has kids that play hockey here in Phoenix and there favorite team is the Avs somehow, both said they like Duchene.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Apparently to be drafted by the Avs you have to have some ancient photo of yourself from your childhood years in an Avs jersey...

That was actually taken when he signed his contract a couple days ago.

Absolutely. I grew up in TN and would see more avs gear than anything else. At least before the Preds came to town. Very popular team in the 90's.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Will be very interesting to see how LE develops. I think Roy and Sakic are putting a premium on developing a winning and championship culture throughout the entire organization.
Get the prospects used to the expectations early on and never expose them to true sad city losing.
Plus this will also allow us to stash some vets and potentially use them for injury call ups and maybe you get a surprise guy who finds a role and sticks.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bourke tweeted this pic, he might be a little happy ;)

Bo24qvlIcAA1fWG.jpg

I think the Avs just find a kid with the same hair color, and take his photo with an old kodak disposable camera so it looks old. That's how they get all these photos.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Chynoweth indeed needs to go. Glad to hear we signed Bourke. Not fussed if we don't sign Blandisi/Clarke. I think there's very little likelihood that either amounts to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad