Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hoping we see a few undrafted kids get a shot at camp next year too. Sometimes those guys work out and we know Roy has some favorites who he's seen in the Q.

I'd love to see a few newfs invited since I haven't been fortunate enough to see one play for my team :laugh:. Etchegary was brought in last year. Maybe Roy brings him back. As (I think) Henchman once said, Marcus Power was one of the best players in the Q this year and Tourigny had a lot to do with his development. Maybe he's another guy they look at bringing in.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Who would you guys pick as our non-NHL/AHL 'Prospect of the Year?' Who had the best season overall, possibly surpassing expectations considerably?

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Who would you guys pick as our non-NHL/AHL 'Prospect of the Year?' Who had the best season overall, possibly surpassing expectations considerably?

Wil Butcher? perhaps? havent really followed him but looked pretty good in the WJC.

cody corbett obviously had a good year as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Troy Bourke for me.

Geertsen very close behind, had a fabulous season setting practically every category in career numbers. Even showed more offensive potential than what he was drafted for. Actually there is a part of me who would take him over Bourke as Troy got a LOT of points from the powerplay (I value 5v5 points much more than PP points). Though it's hard to compare a forward to a defenseman overall, though to finish this up I do believe Bourke meant more to the Cougars than Geertsen meant to the Giants.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Good question and good suggestions. I'd say Bourke or Corbett had the best year. (you had me curious SEPH so I looked up Bourke's stats, yep a lot of PP points but 20/29 of his goals were even strength). Geertsen probably elevated his stock the most. Butcher is a nice prospect too. Reading back things from last year and even prior to his draft year I can't believe we got him in the 5th round.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I still think that the Avs should go forwards for the first couple picks of the draft. Their system is weak on the wings, especially right. For the first round, I would love if Barbashev or Scherbak are picked and Spencer Watson is their third rounder.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Troy Bourke for me.

Geertsen very close behind, had a fabulous season setting practically every category in career numbers. Even showed more offensive potential than what he was drafted for. Actually there is a part of me who would take him over Bourke as Troy got a LOT of points from the powerplay (I value 5v5 points much more than PP points). Though it's hard to compare a forward to a defenseman overall, though to finish this up I do believe Bourke meant more to the Cougars than Geertsen meant to the Giants.

I agree on both. Shout out to Bigras as well. People seem hesitant on giving him credit but he was voted best defensive D in the OHL this year. That's a great acomplishment.

Aggozino and Smith had great years in the AHL too!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Anyone know why Avs didn't keep Blandisi? Decent numbers in OHL (50 points in 47 games) and decent size. His game didn't look to translate to pro hockey?

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Troy Bourke for me.

It would be a really nice surprise if any of those two amounted to anything. Although I like Bourke a lot, it would be a long shot for him to make it to the big show, not enough skills for top 6, and not enough size for bottom 6 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad