Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Watching the Canada-Swiss game. Dumba is injured so might actually see some Bigras this period. Edit: or not

Also, I can't take seeing the Parise commercial one more time. The NHL network has only about 5 commercials they rotate. It is nice to see the Avs featured on three NHL Net commercials though.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So, how long until Agozzino gets his NHL shot?

Probably another injury or two. I'd imagine he is the next callup since Sgarbossa is still injured and Hishon still needs some work. Carey is the only other real option.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
Continuing what Tiger said on the last thread, seeing Bourke and Blandisi play with Smith, Meurs, Sgarby and Heard will be pretty cool next season. That's a nice blend of skills.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Unfortunately didn't make it to the Giants game vs Kelowna because I was snowboarding at Grouse Mountain. I will go on Sunday vs Tri-City, though and post my thoughts after the game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
My dream match up can still happen if Finland pull off the upset and beat Canada.

Finland up 2-0... let's see if they can hold the lead. If they do the matches tomorrow will be unreal.:handclap:

Drouin you beautiful beautiful player, stop ruining my matchups

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That has to be the best sequence of passes that doesn't lead to a goal. AMAZING save by Fucale.... only to have Ristaonlien(sp) score moments later.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Not saying these players are comparable, but as an 18 year old, Alex Pietrangelo rode the pine as well. In fact, he was used as the 8th defenceman because of Ryan Ellis. The following year, as a 19 year old, he dominated the tournament.

To me Bigras' performance shows that he's probably not as mature as maybe people hoped. He still has time to iron out his game. No need to worry. World Juniors is just a two week sample size.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
well you are probably joking but for those who don't know, bigras got to ice the first time in two games and they were down 4-1 with like 90 seconds left.

finland and sweden again tomorrow. hopefully another classic!

Yes and no. Of course I want Bigras to see ice time. But the amount of griping the Canada fans have done on Bigras is over the top. I didn't want them to use him playing as the target of their ire again. Obviously he didn't lose the game for them so that part was sarcasm.

To me it seems like Bigras tends to get nervous, he probably over thinks things. How they handled him hasn't been fair though. He wasn't playing PK at all then they put him out at the end of a 5 on 3 that gave up a goal and that sealed his fate. That entire team has had one blunder after another though. Still, good experience for Bigras. Wish I could see how he looks for his junior team when he gets back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
had to lol at that too.

disappointed in bigras play this tournament but not worried about him.

IMO a lot of Avs fan were overhyping him during training camp.

I am extremely happy about one part of his game I thought would suffer, his offensive game looked very solid for a defenseman who hasn't really scored this season (needs to improve his shot though). Goes to show how bad of a team Owen Sound is from the offensive standpoint.

Hahaha, who cares about the Canadian fans opinion in this tournament, they were calling Dumba, Dumbass after two exhibition games. :laugh: And he was Canada's top 2/3 defender, Ekblad looked Godawful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad