Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm really cheering for Borna Rendulic this upcoming year. With the right systems and coaching, I think he can be one of Lake Erie's top producers. He is all of which the Avs lack. Size, skill, and a RW. I'm convinced he'll be a decent prospect, because he led HPK in scoring, so his points weren't coasting off someone else. If he can use his size to his advantage more and continue to develop, he can turn out to be a decent 3rd line RW who plays 2nd PP time and top 6 spot duty. Jamie McGinn comparable?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm intrigued too. Could be a very interesting signing and you are right that he sounds like a different kind of player for Lake Erie.

I'm also curious on their plan for Will. Camp battle between Pickard, Aitto and Will, loser goes to the Cutthroats?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm intrigued too. Could be a very interesting signing and you are right that he sounds like a different kind of player for Lake Erie.

I'm also curious on their plan for Will. Camp battle between Pickard, Aitto and Will, loser goes to the Cutthroats?

Is Patterson and Millan done on their deals? Plus I would imagine Pickard or Aittokallio is on their way out.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
The goaltending situation is going to be interesting to watch. Roy hinted that one of Aittokallio or Pickard were going to traded and he would bring in an AHL veteran for the one who stays. But then Roman Will gets signed and I have no idea what the plan is going to be.

Jeff_Dyck_#1

Est. MMII
Apr 11, 2005
HF since 1998
The goaltending situation is going to be interesting to watch. Roy hinted that one of Aittokallio or Pickard were going to traded and he would bring in an AHL veteran for the one who stays. But then Roman Will gets signed and I have no idea what the plan is going to be.

Patterson and Millan are goners.
Pickard/Aittokallio should be playing in CHL next season.
Bring in an AHL veteran to back up Roman Will.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Did they say that or are you just pulling that out of nowhere. Pick/Aitto are both better than CHL-calibre guys.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
We saw last season that Sami was good enough for AHL, and I know that he has lots of potential still left in him.
I really hope he gets traded unless he won't get time in the AHL (cause I'm a Finn yeah)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Millan is gone. Patterson is likely gone. One of Pickard/Aitto is going to be sharing duty with Will in the AHL. The other will likely be traded. Roy mentioned that a decision between those two was going to be made this summer.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014

That's actually a gross under rating of both Pick and Sami. They both have the talent to be NHL goalies and both are AHL worthy at the worst.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Made zero sense to not give him a QO. They've stuck by him for this long and he finally finished a season healthy. Hopefully that means he can have a proper offseason where he can actually train and get ready for next season.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Hmm, Dater said he is looking if Malone was given QO, but isn't that completely useless as Malone is an UFA and can't be given a QO?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hmm, Dater said he is looking if Malone was given QO, but isn't that completely useless as Malone is an UFA and can't be given a QO?

Yes. Funny that we know these things as fans, but a guy that's paid to know them doesn't.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Well...considering that no one here knew what Malone's status was until after the season was over...

Maybe he meant he's checking if they're going to re-sign Malone. :dunno:

This is how I interpreted it when I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad