Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Quite wild that they trade for picks that will be used over 5 years from now.

I never understand junior deals... they always seem to have picks 3-5 years in the future. I guess the constant need to replenish talent drives quantity over quality to an extent.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's too bad. Wonder if that makes any difference what the Avs do with him going forward.

I'd think that it would play into it a bit. If he returns to Owen Sound next year, he will be on a potentially worse team that this year's squad, especially when it comes to defense. If he is having to clean up constantly for the young defense's mistakes, it might not be the best thing for his development.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I'd think that it would play into it a bit. If he returns to Owen Sound next year, he will be on a potentially worse team that this year's squad, especially when it comes to defense. If he is having to clean up constantly for the young defense's mistakes, it might not be the best thing for his development.

But when the only other option is the NHL, I can't see them keeping him up just because Owen Sound is a bad team.

I really wish they had traded him this year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
But when the only other option is the NHL, I can't see them keeping him up just because Owen Sound is a bad team.

I really wish they had traded him this year.

Same... I was hoping he would go to a good team.

IMO it would make a difference if management thought he could stick in a bottom pairing role and contribute at the NHL. Then a decision comes if you want him playing on a bad team as a number 1 and possibly learning bad habits, or playing in the NHL and having the growing pains that goes along with that.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Same... I was hoping he would go to a good team.

IMO it would make a difference if management thought he could stick in a bottom pairing role and contribute at the NHL. Then a decision comes if you want him playing on a bad team as a number 1 and possibly learning bad habits, or playing in the NHL and having the growing pains that goes along with that.

Well, when he comes up here he'll probably have to play next to terrible defenders (Barrie with Holden ugh) so maybe it's for the best that he gets some practice at it now :laugh:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Siemens played 3 games at the end of the AHL season in 2012. I'm positive they'd send Bigras there to finish thn year. His last game is 3/15 and Lake Erie's last game is 4/19. It would be a good experience for him.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Siemens played 3 games at the end of the AHL season in 2012. I'm positive they'd send Bigras there to finish thn year. His last game is 3/15 and Lake Erie's last game is 4/19. It would be a good experience for him.

What about his ELC though, would that eat a year?

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Dang, the first Giants home game after my departure and Geertsen scores.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Not if he signs a try out contract, if I understand the CBA correctly. If he played in the AHL without signing one, I think it would.

Can he still sign a tryout despite his ELC? Anyways, I don't think it burns a contract year if he only plays a few games in the AHL on the ELC.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Siemens did then he was still on his ELC when he played a few games and he didn't burn a year.

I guess it's not the age that prevents you from playing in the AHL because European league draft picks can get sent there under 20. It's more a rule that CHL junior players have to go back to their team if they are under 20. The reason why Bigras can keep playing is when his junior team's season ends he's not bound to that stipulation. I think he could even play for the Avs if they wanted him to, though playing in LE makes more sense.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Isn't Bigras too young to play in the AHL? I always forget how that works.

Siemens signed a PTO (or ATO, forget which one) but he did play a couple of games for Lake Erie after the Blades' season ended the year after he was drafted, so I think Bigras can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad