Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dumba does suck...when you comparing to guys who were drafted after him.

Anyway LETS GO FINLAND!!!!!:nod:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I missed the Bronze game. Did Bigras get any action? That Canada team was dysfunctional from day 1. I don't know what it was. No system, no discipline. But ermagherd if only Nurse had been there they would have won gold!!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's always nice to watch Canada implode.

Those of you griping or worrying about Bigras, one word: don't. Obviously he was though highly enough to A. get a chance to be on the team and B. make the team. Both of which are very impressive for a kid who was a 2nd rd pick just last year. Every other dman on the roster is either a first rd pick or projected high first round pick outside of Pelech who is older and was underwhelming at best.

He was also selected over players like Nurse, Pulock, Theodore, Koekkoek all were drafted higher or older (I didn't count player playing in the NHL cause their teams wouldn't have released them).

Yeah he may not have had the best tournament, but he really wasn't given much of a chance either and was put in some awful situations by the coaching staff. He'll be fine once he goes back to him junior team and is used properly again. We all have to remember he is just a kid, who is still just 18. It takes longer for dmen to develop anyways. Hoping he would be in the NHL next year may be a stretch.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Go Bigras Go! Go Ekblad Go!

drccbm

Would have been better with #FreeBigras

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Congrats to Finland! So happy for their fans! What a great win for you guys. Enjoy!

Oh Bigras. Supposedly a lot of local fans made the trip too. Did he play at all today? It's too bad how it all turned out even if it's a good thing he was there at all.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I only got to see 2 games but I never even heard bigras name

He didn't play much after Reinhart came back from his suspension.

Pretty bad for Bigras overall. Didn't play in the important games and when he did play early on, he didn't play that well. Could still be a good experience for him though and it's nothing to be worried out. I hope he gets traded to a contender in the OHL now.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Finland!!!!!!!!!!!!:handclap:

Congrats nzap, Colorado avalanche and risto

Thx. Don't forget Teuras.

Amazing feeling over here. Finland has finally been able to produce some quality youngsters and most importantly they play well as a team.
Junior medals are very rare for us, so I'll savour this for some time.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
So I've been to the Giants game last night and I will post some thoughts on Geertsen later today.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Soo, quick summary of the Giants-Americans game.

Game was pretty boring because the Americans could not get any offensive pressure going after falling behind 2-0 within the first 5 minutes.

The first Giants goal was a tap-in from right in front of the goal after a couple shots from the blue line. The second one was on the Americans' goalie. Geertsen played a pass right on the blade of a Giants forward who skated right past the defender on the far side and took a weak bad angle shot which deflected off the goalie and into the goal.
Giants then controlled the game and added the 3-0 on a 5 minute PP after a check to the head. They started the third period with 1:20 or so to go on the PP but Tri City somehow scored a SHG on their ~10. SOG. That goal somehow got them going but there wasn't enough sustained pressure. They pulled the goalie with 4 minutes to go and scored to make it 3-2. Also had another nice chance to tie it but missed and instead Vancouver got the ENG on the counter attack.

Geertsen was solid, got a strange 2 minute minor for slashing (I didn't see it) and his assist on the scoreboard. In general, his passing was way better than in the other game I saw. He's had one huge hit, blocked a few shots and picked off a couple passes right in front of the goal thanks to some good positioning. Other than the one big hit he threw out I thought he was a bit too passive, especially behind his own net. As the defense wasn't that much challenged, he got more involved into the offense and also threw a couple of point shots on goal. Liked the shots but not his timing as he did not have any kind of screen on either shot.

From what I've seen in those two games, he obviously still needs to work on a few things but compared to some other defenders I really liked his defensive game. As I mentioned earlier, though, those were my first CHL games ever so I'm definitely not the one to evaluate his potential.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thanks Kschey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph Blandisi just got traded from Ottawa to Barrie Colts, freakin' awesome that now he gets on a better team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks Kschey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph Blandisi just got traded from Ottawa to Barrie Colts, freakin' awesome that now he gets on a better team.

Yeah, but I had tickets for Saturday's game. :laugh:

Blandisi will thrive with Barrie. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bigras traded before the 10th.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Attack traded away Smith (their top scorer) to London. The dismantling has started. 2 of Cook, Bigras, and Rose are likely next.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Fred Wallace ‏@BayshoreFred 1h
Attack Deal Done. Details Ahead

Either Bigras or MacDermid

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Owen Sound Attack ‏@AttackOHL 9m
BREAKING: The Attack have traded Kurtis MacDermid to the Erie Otters in exchange for a 2nd in 16, 2nd in 18, 2nd in 19 and Cond 3rd in 16.

So it wasn't Bigras at this point, but with the way they are selling off it is still quite possible.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Owen Sound Attack ‏@AttackOHL 9m
BREAKING: The Attack have traded Kurtis MacDermid to the Erie Otters in exchange for a 2nd in 16, 2nd in 18, 2nd in 19 and Cond 3rd in 16.

Quite wild that they trade for picks that will be used over 5 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad