Prospect Info: 2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Cool. Any college fans with some insight on Goumas?

Wow, he went to my prep school the year before I was there. Didn't ever see much of him, but everyone raved about how good he was as a player and as a person. Apparently he's a really good kid. I know he's had tons of success at UNH, too.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm excited about this because of how good his stats look and Homers great track record of signing college players. I wonder if he's going to come to the Flyers or go to ADK?

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Yeah. Looked like a heat of the moment thing. I've got a bad temper myself so I know how hard it can be to maintain composure. Hopefully he learns from it

Title makes it worse then it is. Calls it "tomahawk" swing, when its a lazy one armed chop. Be it to the back of the head of the opposing player, but Stolarz wasnt lookin for blood. Placement woulda been better to the players back rather then his head.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm excited about this because of how good his stats look and Homers great track record of signing college players. I wonder if he's going to come to the Flyers or go to ADK?

No shot he's on the Flyers this year.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

ADK

Homer has definitely found some good talent via college UFAs like Gus and Read but he's signed a bunch that haven't made it either. Holmstrom, Testwuide, Brown, Pither, Flanagan, Mangene and I'm sure I'm missing some others too. He did use Mangene in the MacD trade and Pither in a deal to acquire Alt so that was good.

I'm not saying he doesn't make it or that the Flyers don't have a great eye for talent, cause they definitely do, but odds aren't in the guys favor.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
He's very small. Odds aren't in his favor. I like the signing though.

How's his skating? The size won't be that big of a deal if he can skate really well. Skating is one of the things that make Matt Read a NHLer and Jason akeson an ahler.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
ADK

Homer has definitely found some good talent via college UFAs like Gus and Read but he's signed a bunch that haven't made it either. Holmstrom, Testwuide, Brown, Pither, Flanagan, Mangene and I'm sure I'm missing some others too. He did use Mangene in the MacD trade and Pither in a deal to acquire Alt so that was good.

I'm not saying he doesn't make it or that the Flyers don't have a great eye for talent, cause they definitely do, but odds aren't in the guys favor.

Doesn't this guy seem to be better than most of those others? At least based on production in the NCAA.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Flanagan not playing well in adirondack?

No. 5 goals and 19 points in 49 games. He hasn't exactly been put in a position to succeed and he is on the worst team (standing and in terms of offense in the league) but he's been a healthy scratch a few times. He hasn't exactly seized the opportunities he's been given. It is his first pro year but considering he's 25 and undersized (5'9" and 170lbs) I don't really see him amounting to anything.

Personally I've been disappointed. He played well in his few games at the end of last season but that didn't carry over. Idk, I just expected more from a former Hobey Baker finalist.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
ADK

Mangene was just a contract going the other way. He wasn't much of an asset.

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
No. 5 goals and 19 points in 49 games. He hasn't exactly been put in a position to succeed and he is on the worst team (standing and in terms of offense in the league) but he's been a healthy scratch a few times. He hasn't exactly seized the opportunities he's been given. It is his first pro year but considering he's 25 and undersized (5'9" and 170lbs) I don't really see him amounting to anything.

Personally I've been disappointed. He played well in his few games at the end of last season but that didn't carry over. Idk, I just expected more from a former Hobey Baker finalist.

thanks. I agree it is worrisome given his age- does he get much time on the PP?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Doesn't this guy seem to be better than most of those others? At least based on production in the NCAA.

Most yes. He has similar numbers to Read and Flanagan in the NCAA. Similar size player compared to those two also, well Read was bigger when signed but he was also three years older.

Numbers definitely don't tell the whole story. Like I said in my other post Flanagan was a Hobey Baker finalist and had slightly better numbers in the NCAA but he hasn't and most definitely won't amount to anything in the NHL. Take it for what it's worth.

His size is definitely an obstacle. I've never seen him so I can't say more then that. I imagine seeing him in the AHL will give us a better idea. Watching Read play in the AHL it was evident he was the best player on the ice every game and the points came too.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Most yes. He has similar numbers to Read and Flanagan in the NCAA. Similar size player compared to those two also, well Read was bigger when signed but he was also three years older.

Numbers definitely don't tell the whole story. Like I said in my other post Flanagan was a Hobey Baker finalist and had slightly better numbers in the NCAA but he hasn't and most definitely won't amount to anything in the NHL. Take it for what it's worth.

His size is definitely an obstacle. I've never seen him so I can't say more then that. I imagine seeing him in the AHL will give us a better idea. Watching Read play in the AHL it was evident he was the best player on the ice every game and the points came too.

I guess we'll find out soon... if this is all real, still no announcement.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
thanks. I agree it is worrisome given his age- does he get much time on the PP?

Nope, he got some early in the season but has seen next to none recently. At least that's what I've seen but I haven't seen every game.

Still don't get that trade.

From what I understand Alt didn't want to sign with them. I really don't' know why but I remember reading or hearing that things soured.

Pither was actually an OHL Jr UFA (like Manning, Konan), not college, but the net is the same: not NHL material.

Oh, for some reason I thought he was a college kid. Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad