Prospect Info: 2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc. part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ8812*

No player should ever be guaranteed a spot on the team, especially a young player who has yet to play an NHL minute in his life

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
No player should ever be guaranteed a spot on the team, especially a young player who has yet to play an NHL minute in his life

I agree; however, I would like a scenario where he is given a serious opportunity to stick with the big club. Of course, that means that Gustafsson gets kicked down another rung on the defensive ladder. But we can all assume Gus will be stuffed into the recycling bin outside the Flyers FO the day after the season ends.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's interesting to me that the flyers own website would dedicate a whole article on a player that isn't their property and might not sign with them. Does ASF know something?

Wouldn't read too much into it. Seems like Bob McKenzie mentioned the Flyers being the main team that would like to add him and many articles ran with it. As shady as college athletics are, I doubt the kid has seriously considered his options. The Flyers were also in on Schultz and DeKeyser, but in the end they weren't serious contenders.

There was a rumor he nearly signed with Ottawa last spring. How credible? Who knows. But it makes a ton of sense. He played with Karlsson and Lehner in the Frolunda junior system. They love Swedes. And most importantly there is a clear opening on their blueline. There's Karlsson, Ceci, and Gryba and no one close to ready behind those guys. Gryba is replaceable.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Stolarz could be suspended. Slashed another player in the head with his goalie stick.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Wouldn't read too much into it. Seems like Bob McKenzie mentioned the Flyers being the main team that would like to add him and many articles ran with it. As shady as college athletics are, I doubt the kid has seriously considered his options. The Flyers were also in on Schultz and DeKeyser, but in the end they weren't serious contenders.

There was a rumor he nearly signed with Ottawa last spring. How credible? Who knows. But it makes a ton of sense. He played with Karlsson and Lehner in the Frolunda junior system. They love Swedes. And most importantly there is a clear opening on their blueline. There's Karlsson, Ceci, and Gryba and no one close to ready behind those guys. Gryba is replaceable.

This is how I felt initially but both of those college players had their minds made up you could tell. I think the Flyers need to be aggressive and offer him a spot so they can compete in that regard with the sens. Once you get that you obviously have large advantage over teams like that. Im not sure if boston has a spot to give him but if they do I cant see them guaranteeing it. From the sounds of it he could be a very solid guy that will only cost 900,000 + K which would be awesome to change that out for grossmann or fill in for timo.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just saw it during leafs game. Not overly vicious, but ****ing moronic. With OHL discipline, could be done for playoffs ?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Cool. Any college fans with some insight on Goudas?

Good point totals it seems. Tiny though. Listed at 5'10 160. Another Florida guy too. I would guess it's an NHL contract considering he signed this early, but you never know.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Anthony "Hextall" Stolarz.

Expecting a 4 game suspension for that.

Not a smart move.

Still an awesome goalie prospect though.

Yeah. Looked like a heat of the moment thing. I've got a bad temper myself so I know how hard it can be to maintain composure. Hopefully he learns from it

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Kevin Goumas, C/LW, New Hampshire (5’10″ 165 lbs): The 22-year-old senior has 14 goals and 45 points in 35 games so far this season for New Hampshire. With 121 points over the last three years he’s shown the ability to dominate at the NCAA level. His best skill is as a playmaker, as Goumas has excellent puck control and the patience to extend plays to let teammates get open. He uses his good vision and hockey sense to wait for the perfect moment to make that pass, and is able to thread the needle to put the puck on his teammates tape. His shot isn’t the hardest but he scores due to excellent accuracy and a good release. Defensively he has good hockey sense and is a conscientious back checker, however his size means he can be overpowered at times.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/03/14/college-free-agents-class-2014-part-2/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad