2012 re-draft

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think the reason us Oiler fans are reluctant about Yak, is we saw him lead rookies in scoring.

We see that he has a blistering shot that can cleanly beat a goalie, but Eakins never used him in that 'sweet spot' (Stamkos/Ovechkin).

:/

We saw him score 21 points in his final 28 games (notably after the coaching change, and given Derek Roy as a linemate who had cleared waivers).

Yakupov is going to be a player.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Is there a non-leafs fan who thinks Reilly is the best D-man from this draft? Just wondering.

Too close to call for me. I feel Rielly might be a bit overhyped, but he was very good for the leafs.

I, personally, like Määttä, but that's because I like hockey players who have high hockey IQs (and maybe a slight bias due to him being Finnish). Still, Lindholm is very talented and would probably, at least according to HF-boards consensus, go before him. Trouba is very good, Rielly is good. They are all so close.

The reason it's so tough to call for me is that I haven't seen them all that much. They all put up similar numbers offensively, but the rest of the aspects are a bit different.

When examining them on the main HF-site, Rielly and Määttä seem to have the highest potential, but have a C-likelihood. In contrast, Trouba and Lindholm have slightly lower potentials, but higher likelihoods. Don't know how frequently these are updated, so I hesitate putting too much stock in them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad