2012 re-draft

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I know it's a bit early but still one of the weirdest drafts ever
A draft where the top 3 in a re-draft may not even be in the top 5
Like I said it's early and a lot of players still have a lot to prove and some not so much, in a re-draft mainly based on the performances of the player since they were drafted who would you take
It can be top 10,15, 30 ect...

You can do a separate list if you want based on how well they will end up ( ie including there potenial )

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Something that tends to be overlooked when it comes to this draft.

Vasilevskiy
Hellebuyck
Murray
Gillies
Subban
Andersen*

Andersen was re-drafted after refusing to sign with Carolina. The other 5 are all very high ranking goalie prospects however.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gonna do a top 20:

Galchenyuk
Forsberg
Trouba
Lindholm
Murray
Rielly
Yakupov
Hertl
Maatta
Ceci
Girgensons
Reinhart
Vasilevskiy
Andersen
Pearson
Severson
Dumba
Teravainen
Grigorenko
Wilson

It's based a bit on what they've done and a bit less on where I think they'll end up.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The scouts definitely weren't joking when they said this draft was underwhelming

Meh. For forwards maybe. The goalies I listed have been very impressive so far.

Also, there is this:

Trouba
Lindholm
Määttä
Rielly
Ceci
Pouliot
Severson
Dumba

with several more D-men looking likely to join their teams next season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Meh. For forwards maybe. The goalies I listed have been very impressive so far.

Also, there is this:

Trouba
Lindholm
Määttä
Rielly
Ceci
Pouliot
Severson
Dumba

with several more D-men looking likely to join their teams next season.

Murray

Italian President

Aug 13, 2012
People will come around on the 2012 draft I think. D-men take more time to adjust to the NHL draft and this draft was actually very strong in that area.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
1. Trouba
2. Forsberg
3. Lindholm
4. Galchenyuk
5. Murray
6. Rielly
7. Maata
8. Vasilveskiy
9. Girgensons
10. Yakupov
11. Andersen
12. Pouliot
13. Hertl
14. Ceci
15. Terravainen

Definitely no definitive #1.

Last edited:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
People will come around on the 2012 draft I think. D-men take more time to adjust to the NHL draft and this draft was actually very strong in that area.

I don't think so. I know DMEN take longer, but, there are plenty b4 and after that years group that have done way more then that draft year in terms of being relevant much quicker. Seems like the best most of them will become is # 2's, most likely 3/4's.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
The scouts definitely weren't joking when they said this draft was underwhelming

How so? Roughly 3/5 of the 1st round picks are pretty much established NHLers and they'll be entering their 4th season in the league (3.5 really since their 1st year was the lockout).

Lindholm, Galchenyuk, Trouba, Forsberg, Vasilevsky, Dumba, Reilly & Teravainen all have all star upside. Give them a chance

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Blues have 3 really good prospects from this class, all knocking on the door. I imagine this time next year they're going to start getting included in re-rankings such as these:

Petteri Lindbohm, Jordan Schmaltz & Colton Parayko. Lindbohm made his debut last year and looked terrific. He's a defensive d-man who plays with an edge, has a hard, accurate shot and good positioning and mobility. He's the reason Jackman is an ex-Blue now. Jordan Schmaltz is a 2-way guy who was among the best d-men in college. He'll start the year in the AHL. Then there's the beast: Part legend, part super-hero. He's played in Alaska for the past 3 seasons, so we're not sure what to expect...but he's 6'5", was the 2nd fastest skater on his team, has a 100+ mph slapshot, ended the season in the A last year and looked amazing. Keep an eye out for Colton Parayko this year.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Trouba
Lindholm
Forsberg
Galchenyuk
Maatta
Girgensons
Rielly
Yakupov
Hertl
Murray
Ceci
Pearson
Teravainen
Dumba
Reinhart

I did a top-15, without goalies. I think Trouba and Lindholm are the standouts of the draft and the ones with a real shot at a Norris (or Hart/Art Ross/etc. for other positions). Outside of those 2, it depends on if you were making a safe pick (Maata, Girgensons) or wanted to go all out on a player that could still potentially produce big numbers (Galchenyuk, Yakupov).

I don't get why people are saying it's a bad draft. It's lacking a top-line scorer that usually goes first or second overall (even a Taylor Hall type) but there's a ton of useful players - there'll be 20-25 career NHLers from the first round and that's really solid. Aside from that, it's a great draft for defensemen already.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Probably because he has been injured most of the time since being drafted and hasn't accomplished anything.
Ehh but when he does play his talent level is obvious.
Lindholm is #1 no question. Criminally underrated
There's definitely a question. I'm a Ducks fan and still have him 4th.
Yeah no. Hes not underrated nor is he overrated. Hes not the #1 maybe top 5 but not 1.

Galchenyuk
Trouba
Määta
Reilly
Murray(when hes healthy hes been really good)
Lindholm

I don't really know what Maatta, Rielly, and Murray have done better than Lindholm yet.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Gonna do a top 20:

Galchenyuk
Forsberg
Trouba
Lindholm
Murray
Rielly
Yakupov
Hertl
Maatta
Ceci
Girgensons
Reinhart
Vasilevskiy
Andersen
Pearson
Severson
Dumba
Teravainen
Grigorenko
Wilson

It's based a bit on what they've done and a bit less on where I think they'll end up.

No Tierney?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No Tierney?

He'd be just outside. I want to see more.

I wouldn't trade Reilly straight up for anyone else from this draft.

And Habs fans wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for anyone, Ducks fans wouldn't trade Lindholm for anyone, Jets fans wouldn't trade Trouba for anyone and so on.

I'll take it one step further and say I wouldn't trade Andersen for anyone in this draft other than Trouba. Just take my chances with a not quite ready Gibson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad