2012 Re-Draft on NHL.com is laughable

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I thought Parayko at #9 was outrageous until I saw Slavin was #16.

1. Matt Murray
2. Filip Forsberg
3. Alex Galchenyuk
4. Hampus Lindholm
5. Morgan Rielly
6. Teuvo Teravainen
7. Shayne Gostisbehere
8. Andrei Vasilevskiy
9. Colton Parayko
10. Tomas Hertl
11. Jacob Trouba
12. Olli Maatta
13. Frederik Andersen
14. Tanner Pearson
15. Brady Skjei
16. Jaccob Slavin
17. Cody Ceci
18. Matt Dumba
19. Connor Hellebuyck
20. Michael Matheson
21. Damon Severson
22. Jon Gillies
23. Ryan Murray
24. Andreas Athanasiou
25. Jimmy Vesey
26. Connor Brown
27. Radek Faksa
28. Josh Anderson
29. Esa Lindell
30. Tom Wilson

https://www.nhl.com/news/re-drafting-2012-class-penguins-murray-jumps-to-top-spot/c-289915874

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
People making lists this summer has fallen in love with Murray. I might be a little bit too critical but im not sure hes in the absolute top tier yet, he will need to better his work on his post-to-post movement when the puck is behind the goal and his glove hand.

But that aside, because goalies are harder to value.

Teravainen at 5, Määttä at 12 LOL. Slavin and Parayko waaay too low.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Maatta is way too high. He should be in the 20-25 range.

Dude is having him 4 spots ahead of Slavin.:laugh:

IMO Slavin is the best dman (so far) from that class, followed by Parayko and Lindholm.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
LMAOOOOO JON GILLIES HASNT EVEN PLAYED AN NHL GAME
Slavin is debatably the best defenceman in the draft and to put him anywhere outside top 5 is laughable.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
LMAOOOOO JON GILLIES HASNT EVEN PLAYED AN NHL GAME
Slavin is debatably the best defenceman in the draft and to put him anywhere outside top 5 is laughable.

Gillies actually has played an NHL game. He won 4-1 against the Kings in his first game last season.

However, he is far too high.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
NHl.com writers should be fired for this disgrace

I remember when Corey Masisak had the Kings in the top 16 for his power rankings once (I forget how high) the same week they were statistically eliminated from the playoffs cause their advanced stats were good. Like let's presume he started writing that piece before the elimination happened. The Kings were still on the BRINK of being eliminated. I've come around in recent years to concede to the value of advanced stats but I still maintain they aren't the be all end all and whatever season that was (I forget which), the Kings were an example of how a sight test is still needed. They possessed the puck incredibly well. they took a lot of shots,, and prevented shots well. But their shots on goal were **** poor perimeter shots, their puck possession was limited to just holding the puck and passing it around without really doing anything with it. It was clear he wasn't actually watching the team so I found it incredibly laughable that he put the Kings on the list which published the day after they were bounced from playoff contention.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Slavin has had 1 great season, Parayko 2, Lindholm 3 (this year was his worst year because of injuries and contract holdout)

Slavin was good last year and great this year. Regardless, he's currently the only true #1 defenseman on that list which is why I put him first.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Slavin was good last year and great this year. Regardless, he's currently the only true #1 defenseman on that list which is why I put him first.

What? Slavin hasn't proven that he's better than either Lindholm or Trouba yet, he's in the same boat as Parayko. They're both great young players with a lot of upside, that said i'd take any of those 4 over Galchenyuk. I have the next tier being Galchenyuk and Reilly.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I thought Parayko at #9 was outrageous until I saw Slavin was #16.
  • Hertl should have been put before Vasilevskiy.
  • Tom Wilson 30th? He's been a quality, high impact role player for half a decade! Behind Gillies, Faksa, Lindell?
  • The elephant in the room: 1st overall Yakupov not listed, even though he's top-5 in goals and points in that draft class. Apt.

PIT01_NHL.JPG

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Trouba is definitely underated here. By how much is tough to tell but I feel hes surpassed Reilly at this point.

33 points in 60 games. Easily the Jets best defender all season would have been nice to have him all season.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Dude is having him 4 spots ahead of Slavin.:laugh:

IMO Slavin is the best dman (so far) from that class, followed by Parayko and Lindholm.

Eh I'd still say Lindholm because he's proven that at worst he's still an elite defensive Dman who put up 20 points while holding the backbone of the team.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Trouba is definitely underated here. By how much is tough to tell but I feel hes surpassed Reilly at this point.

33 points in 60 games. Easily the Jets best defender all season would have been nice to have him all season.

Trouba is currently ahead of Rielly. Rielly had a inconsistent year but still has the ability to end up better. Right now I would call trouba a high end number 2 dmen, and Rielly a high end number 3 dmen. Both are great players and I expect the gap to decrease next year but rn trouba is ahead. I would have the dmen ranking from this class be

1. Lindholm
2. Slavin
3. Trouba

Tier 2
4. Paryak o
5. Rielly
6. Ghost

Tier 3
7. Skeiji
8. Severson
9. Maata

I think it's not incredibly unrealistc8 to say any of these 9 defensemen could in the long run be the best dmen from this class. Maata was ahead of all in his first year. All these guys have tip pairing to number one dmen ceilings.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Trouba scored at a higher pace than Hertl and Teravainen but they're ahead of him? Hahhahah

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Trouba is currently ahead of Rielly. Rielly had a inconsistent year but still has the ability to end up better. Right now I would call trouba a high end number 2 dmen, and Rielly a high end number 3 dmen. Both are great players and I expect the gap to decrease next year but rn trouba is ahead. I would have the dmen ranking from this class be

1. Lindholm
2. Slavin
3. Trouba

Tier 2
4. Paryak o
5. Rielly
6. Ghost

Tier 3
7. Skeiji
8. Severson
9. Maata

I think it's not incredibly unrealistc8 to say any of these 9 defensemen could in the long run be the best dmen from this class. Maata was ahead of all in his first year. All these guys have tip pairing to number one dmen ceilings.

Not only that but the guys that are ahead of some of them. This list looks like it was assembled by someone who hasn't watched a single hockey game and was just going by who he knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad