2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
The more I listen/read the stillness emanating out from Europe, the more convinced I am Canada should just withdraw entirely from International competition. We can easily set up a series of tournaments with USA Hockey, and the hell with you people and your constant complaining about everything under the sun, constant whine fest with you guys. I'd like to tell you all to go to hell and to the IIHF as well. Who needs you anyway? The Americans our best competition anyway. The IIHF needs Canada a whole lot more than we need it.

Uh yeah good luck with that. USA Hockey would want no part of such a crazy idea.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Uh yeah good luck with that. USA Hockey would want no part of such a crazy idea.

I didn't say USA Hockey had to withdraw from the IIHF... all I'm saying is there could be some very lucrative tournaments set up, that would be much more competitive than anything the IIHF currently presents, with Denmark and Latvia and Kazakhstan et al.... at the U20 there are what, 4 competitive games out of 7? We can set up a Challenge Series Canada-USA that would be 7 games of full tilt, knock em down drag em out, last man standing tournament... It would be terrific..and the U.S. is by far out biggest competitor..forget the Swedes or the Russians... they can't keep up.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
I didn't say USA Hockey had to withdraw from the IIHF... all I'm saying is there could be some very lucrative tournaments set up, that would be much more competitive than anything the IIHF currently presents, with Denmark and Latvia and Kazakhstan et al.... at the U20 there are what, 4 competitive games out of 7? We can set up a Challenge Series Canada-USA that would be 7 games of full tilt, knock em down drag em out, last man standing tournament... It would be terrific..and the U.S. is by far out biggest competitor..forget the Swedes or the Russians... they can't keep up.

How exciting! 2 teams battling it out for supremacy. I wish they did the same thing in football, the world cup should always be a 2 team tournament with Brazil vs Spain, much more exciting and such an efficient way of improving the sport worldwide.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Any info out there on how Sam Reinhart looked?
Really good SH player, with Bo Horvat probably the best on this tournament. But the first two matches he was one of the weakest forward from Canada. Too many turnovers.

Like in communism. Nothing was more important than whether USSR is better than USA. Oh.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

Not a bad idea every few years. But a yearly USA-Canada challenge would get redundant and boring. The fantastic thing about international hockey is that it's -> ready? - ba da bing - Global!!!!

Really good SH player, with Bo Horvat probably the best on this tournament. But the first two matches he was one of the weakest forward from Canada. Too many turnovers..

muchas gracias.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Tie Domi and whoever fired those pucks should be ashamed of themselves. 100% classless.

If you are a guest in another country, you respect the norms and standards of that country. You DON''T act like an arrogant and ignorant thug if you happen not to like them.

As a Canadian who is proud of my country and loves international competition.. I agree wholeheartedly.

To me this whole thing sounds like Team Canada acting like some entitled, whiney *****es, I'm sorry to say... These guys think their own rules are the only ones that matter and everyone else should just automatically respect them cuz they're the top dogs or something.

I love hockey Canada, I do... but sometimes it's just ridiculous the way they i.e. management to coaching on down in the program, along with their (particularly younger) fans act in and towards the international game/standards of other countries. bunch of simpletons sometimes. JMO.

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
dawson-crying.jpg

Well put. The post screams of a spoiled teen have a temper tantrum.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
As a Canadian who is proud of my country and loves international competition.. I agree wholeheartedly.

To me this whole thing sounds like Team Canada acting like some entitled, whiney *****es, I'm sorry to say... These guys think their own rules are the only ones that matter and everyone else should just automatically respect them cuz they're the top dogs or something.

I love hockey Canada, I do... but sometimes it's just ridiculous the way they i.e. management to coaching on down in the program, along with their (particularly younger) fans act in and towards the international game/standards of other countries. bunch of simpletons sometimes. JMO.

"It's our game!"

I am Canadian but I will never cheer for Canada at a hockey event. Canadians turn into spoiled, arrogant, ignorant whiners when it comes to hockey.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
forget the Swedes or the Russians... they can't keep up.

They can't? They won the last two World Junior Championships and are 3-1 against your hockey heroes in World Junior games.

Your posts are comical though. I give you that. You're like a message board version of Don Cherry's most ignorant European moments.

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
"It's our game!"

I am Canadian but I will never cheer for Canada at a hockey event. Canadians turn into spoiled, arrogant, ignorant whiners when it comes to hockey.

Sad but very true. Way too many Canadians start acting like they're actually a part of whatever National Team they're shamelessly hero worshiping at the time. It's nauseating.

As long as the hockey is great, I really don't care who wins.

espo*

You wouldn't add anything to the cause anyway.

Fans like you and him we are better off without.

Sad but very true. Way too many Canadians start acting like they're actually a part of whatever National Team they're shamelessly hero worshiping at the time. It's nauseating.

As long as the hockey is great, I really don't care who wins.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Didn't like Canada's way of going about it. While I oppose the tactic used to gain an advantage, I do believe there are diplomatic ways of going about it. Ask him to politely to not tape practice, let them take the camera away and return it when they're done. Assuming Canada did not use the same tactic, the filmer would look bad.

If that does not work, then grab an M1 Assault Rifle, point it at the guy and demand he leave without the camera or else you'll open fire. Take the camera, destroy the film (leaving behind no evidence), then toss the assault rifle under a random car in the parking lot.

This way, Canada can get what they want without doing something immature and reckless like throwing pucks at the guy. That's just classless.

:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad