2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan English

@ryanenglish_FC
Nov 14, 2010
Halifax, NS
It's a cultural thing. Simple as that. In North America it's a big no-no. If the Toronto Maple Leafs did this to the Ottawa Senators or vice versa they likely would have reacted very similarly because videotaping or recording another team's practice in any way is not acceptable.

Clearly based on the way Sweden has approached this both at the U18 in April as well as the Hlinka it's considered acceptable there. If the IIHF rule states that it's permitted, Team Canada should be speaking with the tournament committee or the IIHF to deal with this. But they certainly approached the situation the wrong way with the way they behaved in that video.

well put.

espo*

Apparently they didn't have the right as they got pucks shot at them and their camera taken away.

And rightly so, stay the hell out of our practices with films there Scorsese.

And Sweden (as any other team) had the right to film without being bombarded with pucks and obscenities while having their equipment stolen (later returned, but without battery).

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
There are no IIHF rules about videotaping of practice. And you know, everything, which is not forbidden, is allowed. I'm not talking about the "unwritten rules" or "moral rights", though.

I was the witness of this incident, but just now I finally realised what was going on. I just remember how one member of Swedish staff went really mad and was shouting through the whole arena.

The worse thing is that at the same practice I was almost hit by the puck as well, while I was taking the photos as I didn't have any photo of interviewees with whom I'd like to talk after the practice. And I do not doubt that was an intention to hit me, since there was no other reason for shooting saucer pass over the glass to the place where I stood. But still, i was missed by maybe 3-4 metres :sarcasm:. At that time I was not thinking of reasons why one player (don't know who it was) did it. Also, it happened just once, so I had no reason to look into that, I almost forget about it. It just came to my mind after reading that article and right now, everything is getting clearer for me.

His Beardliness*

If I or any Canadian fan said this about the Swedes we would be getting an infraction and the post removed quicker then you could bat an eyelash.

And you call us the ******s?

Hmmmph.

Because it's fact. Canadians have whined about this before. Whoever fired pucks should get a pretty hefty punishment.

Tie Domi is just humorous though. Does he have a job there or was he just there as a dad?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There are no IIHF rules about videotaping of practice. And you know, everything, which is not forbidden, is allowed. I'm not talking about the "unwritten rules" or "moral rights", though.

I was the witness of this incident, but just now I finally realised what was going on. I just remember how one member of Swedish staff went really mad and was shouting through the whole arena.

The worse thing is that at the same practice I was almost hit by the puck as well, while I was taking the photos as I didn't have any photo of interviewees with whom I'd like to talk after the practice. And I do not doubt that was an intention to hit me, since there was no other reason for shooting saucer pass over the glass to the place where I stood. But still, i was missed by maybe 3-4 metres :sarcasm:. At that time I was not thinking of reasons why one player (don't know who it was) did it. Also, it happened just once, so I had no reason to look into that, I almost forget about it. It just came to my mind after reading that article and right now, everything is getting clearer for me.

You should have shouted: "What the ****, man! I work for the ****ing IIHF! Your federation will hear about this and someone will get fined or fired!" :laugh:

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
It's not our job to be nice, it's our job to win games.

If Swedish fans are interested in common courtesy I suggest they go to a promise keepers round up.

Exactly. You just proved my point and your own hypocricy.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
The more I listen/read the stillness emanating out from Europe, the more convinced I am Canada should just withdraw entirely from International competition. We can easily set up a series of tournaments with USA Hockey, and the hell with you people and your constant complaining about everything under the sun, constant whine fest with you guys. I'd like to tell you all to go to hell and to the IIHF as well. Who needs you anyway? The Americans our best competition anyway. The IIHF needs Canada a whole lot more than we need it.

Dec 2, 2010
You don't have a netting between the ice and the seats?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The more I listen/read the stillness emanating out from Europe, the more convinced I am Canada should just withdraw entirely from International competition. We can easily set up a series of tournaments with USA Hockey, and the hell with you people and your constant complaining about everything under the sun, constant whine fest with you guys. I'd like to tell you all to go to hell and to the IIHF as well. Who needs you anyway? The Americans our best competition anyway. The IIHF needs Canada a whole lot more than we need it.

Mr Kanadensisk has a n00b account here? Sounds awfully familiar. :laugh: :shakehead "ooh, that dirty IIHF, always screwing the pure, innocent, glorious Canadians!"

If serious, Canada has all the freedom to leave the IIHF. Trouble is, USA Hockey has no motive to do the same. So enjoy those inter-provincial games. :laugh:

You don't have a netting between the ice and the seats?

I gather he was sitting at the side seats which don't usually have netting in Europe.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Are you for real?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Tie Domi and whoever fired those pucks should be ashamed of themselves. 100% classless.

If you are a guest in another country, you respect the norms and standards of that country. You DON''T act like an arrogant and ignorant thug if you happen not to like them.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Tie Domi and whoever fired those pucks should be ashamed of themselves. 100% classless.

If you are a guest in another country, you respect the norms and standards of that country. You DON''T act like an arrogant and ignorant thug if you happen not to like them.

agreed ! I could see it being more like heat of the moment seeing what the kids think to be a spy so they let the coach know and it kind of becomes something more than it should... and Tie being Tie jumps on the chance of doing something like this

Botta

Jul 12, 2010

it`s a small sport worldwide.We don`t need incidents like this.The sport will for sure not grow.Just keeps up the prejudice that many people have towards the sport

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
If the Swedes were within their rights and privileges according to tournament rules, then the we shouldn't have been unwilling to cooperate. Parents, of all people, should've stayed out of it, at any rate.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
dawson-crying.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad