2012-13 WHL Playoff Thread

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
That was an amazing first period by Portland. Outplayed the Kings in every facet of the game. A great turnaround by Edmonton in the back 9 of the game really took the wind out of the Hawk's sails.

How beautiful was the disallowed Leipsic goal?

Yeah, I think we smartened up after that but boy was that overwhelming at the first front.

I almost thought it should've been a goal becuase of how nice it was, lol.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And Carruth even played in the AHL a little bit this year. That sais how Good Brossy will be. Bright future forsure.

I don't get what you're saying here?

Carruth sucks and Brossoit lets in the most beautiful weak goals I've seen since Unice in 2008's Memorial Cup.

You wanna talk about a real goaler? Kent Simpson from Everett last year and Bartosak this year are fantastic goalers.

Oct 15, 2008
That was an amazing first period by Portland. Outplayed the Kings in every facet of the game. A great turnaround by Edmonton in the back 9 of the game really took the wind out of the Hawk's sails.

How beautiful was the disallowed Leipsic goal?

If only games were 20min long the Hawks would be golden. They blew their wad and had nothing left for the second and especially the third.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I don't get what you're saying here?

Carruth sucks and Brossoit lets in the most beautiful weak goals I've seen since Unice in 2008's Memorial Cup.

You wanna talk about a real goaler? Kent Simpson from Everett last year and Bartosak this year are fantastic goalers.

So then I guess that MVP last year was a fluke, yeah your right....

I agree on Patty. I've had the pleasure to watch him in person the last couple years!

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Portland in 4.

manfaceaua.jpg

Swing and a miss I guess.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is first time I have seen Samuelsson since the end of the season and man I must admit he really improved defensively.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Carruth has always been Portland's achilles heel despite what many Winterhawks fans want to believe. An average goalie on a very good team. He will have to be a lot better than that if Portland is to win the series.

Truth. With a halfway decent goalie, the Hawks are playing for their third straight title.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
The Kings defense has been brutal tonight. They have passed the puck into a crowd in the middle of the ice in their own zone over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Game 3 is the swing vote of this series.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Portland just dominating, but Oil Kings did not capitalize on their chances in that 2nd period and they got some really good ones as well.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Game time in Edmonton. This is a game in which Edmonton has to respond to getting dominated for 4/6 periods of this series.

Go Kings!

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Oil Kings have to stop playing scared to open games. It's really killing them thus far.

Brossoit didn't have his best game tonight and a lot of bounces went Portland's way. However, Once again the Winterhawks were the superior team in the opening frame and doing just that has won them the first 2/3 games.

Lazar was good tonight. Only King that consistently generated offense.

Must win for Edmonton tomorrow.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Very sad and pathetic effort. I actually made the Trip up from Red Deer to Edmonton(Albeit not far, 90 mins) I still took the trip up to watch the game, and missed the Sens game most importantly when at the Game and other good ones like the Pens and 'Nucks game for this. And wasn't impressed by these "Oil-Kings". Now debating on if imma go to the game 2mrw or not.... Hope some effort is shown 2mrw...

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Oil Kings are running out of gas, Hawks are a deep talented and fast team. Their defense is solid. Only the OKs can win this one is everyone is playing at their best.

Oct 15, 2008
Gotta give Portland props. They ran over the Oil Kings last night. They outskated and outhit Edmonton. Men vs boys is what it looked like.

Pretty disappointing.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
Portland has a very impressive team. Game one left a lot of people scratching their heads. Leipsic really jumps off the page as a super player to watch.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Gotta give Portland props. They ran over the Oil Kings last night. They outskated and outhit Edmonton. Men vs boys is what it looked like.

Pretty disappointing.
Really? I certainly got that sense in games 1 and 2, but yesterday I thought was actually a relatively even game with Portland getting the bounces.

On the balance though I completely agree.

Go Kings Go!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
The Future Oiler, beast Mitch Moroz! With a nice goal. Cut the lead to 2-1. Big goal. C'mon boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad