2012-13 WHL Playoff Thread

rabidgambit

Mar 17, 2013
Calgary
Maybe so but that ***1*** loss came by the Hands of the said Oil Kings. If anyone can do it the Oil Kings can! :yo:

And these convincing scores are making it a bit easier to say the series is over. But I do expect a hard fight on Sunday but I just know the Oil Kings will win.

Correction: 8 and ***1*** on home ice

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Calgary is a really pesky team. That being said, I think the Kings still win on Tuesday.

I'd feel sorry for Calgary if they beat us. The aren't in the same league as Portland. If it was Portland VS. Calgary, Calgary would be swept forsure, lol. Now if it was Edmonton, they would have a chance.

rabidgambit

Mar 17, 2013
Calgary
I'd feel sorry for Calgary if they beat us. The aren't in the same league as Portland. If it was Portland VS. Calgary, Calgary would be swept forsure, lol. Now if it was Edmonton, they would have a chance.

Perhaps... The only prediction I will make is that if Edmonton does beat Calgary on Tuesday, I will be a Portland fan.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
IMO the Hitmen were more lucky than anything else so far. I didn't expect this series to go into game 7. I hope that Edmonton wins it 'cause they could have a chance against Portland.

In the final series I'll cheer for the Canadian team, that's for sure.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC

I think both teams stand a chance against Portland.

Again, the Silvertips won 2 of 6 against them, and I know that they've gotten better since, but it goes to show that anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

It's just the odds are that Portland has a better chance of beating a team like Calgary than a team like Edmonton.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Cheek is a game time decision for Edmonton. Will be a blow if he can't go, as he has been dynamite for the Oil Kings during the playoffs.

Hordichuk_24

Portland beats either team this season, IMO. Especially this current Edmonton team. If they were 100% healthy they could give Portland a run for their money. But without Reinhart and possibly Cheek I don't like their odds. Needless to say they have a much more important task at hand tonight. Getting by Calgary is proving difficult enough as it is.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
EDMONTON OIL KINGS!!! They defeat the Hitmen in 7 games and win the Eastern Conference Championship! They move on to the 4th and Final Round to face the Portland Winterhawks in a Rematch. Looking to repeat what they did last year when they won the WHL Championship. WOOOO!! GREAT JOB BOYS!!!

spfan

May 4, 2009
Overall: 4/4 and remaining perfect on my picks!

With round 2 being a lot less quicker than I thought, i'll say round 3 doesn't go that close either.

Edmonton in 6

Portland in 5

Overall: 2/2

Spot on with Portland. Off by 1 in the Oil Kings series.

Total overall: 14/14!

Portland in 7
Winterhawks look to finally win in the WHL finals! Edmonton has been great, but Portland have more offensive power and better depth. Not sure Brossoit can overcome this.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Portland in 6. Even though I'd rather see the Oil Kings win once again.

Hell no, Oil Kings already got their chance, now it's Winterhawks turn.

Problem is Edmonton is a great team with a ton of balance between skating and physicality. While Hawks are a very finesse team that try to beat you with their skill and force you to make mistakes for penalties than a hard forechecking style like Oil Kings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad