2012-13 WHL Playoff Thread

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I know Portland can win the Series. I'm not taking that away from them. I'm just very Confident in the Oil Kings. Win or lose it will be a long not short series.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
This thread is full of Edmonton homers, myself included. Portland is a wicked team and has a great chance to win the series. However, I agree that anyone saying this series will be over in 4 is being unrealistic and are underestimating how evenly matched these teams are. Granted, Reinhart being out for Edmonton is a blow, but I would be shocked if this series is over in less than 6 games.

Go Kings! Hopefully it's a good game on Friday.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
This thread is full of Edmonton homers, myself included. Portland is a wicked team and has a great chance to win the series. However, I agree that anyone saying this series will be over in 4 is being unrealistic and are underestimating how evenly matched these teams are. Granted, Reinhart being out for Edmonton is a blow, but I would be shocked if this series is over in less than 6 games.

Go Kings! Hopefully it's a good game on Friday.

Well said. I of course argee.

I'm going to game 3 and 4 in Edmonton so that should be awesome. I went to all the Oil Kings game last year in the Finals VS. Portland. It was awesome forsure, that Pysyk OT GW really stuck with me to this day. That game was awesome, but of course the Championship Win on Home Ice was the unreal moment!

Oct 15, 2008
Not even sure if I know a fellow Portlander who thinks Hawks in 4.

The desire to psychoanalyze the Edmonton fans who think it'll go 7 and Edmonton wins it in Portland is overwhelming. Well, almost.

They have won in Portland this year and did last year as well in the finals. If you dont think they can do it again then you are out to lunch.

This will be a long series.

Edmonton is not some WC dreck that lays down for the Hawks.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Game 1 goes tonight. Don't think I overshadowed this for that amazing thing by the name of Stanley Cup Playoffs. OK, maybe I did forget they played today but now I remembered, lol. Go Oil Kings!

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
OK's are being outplayed pretty soundly but have taken advantage of their chances. Helps that LB is showing last years form again.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Taylor Leire makes it close for Portland but then Samuelsson replies right back with his 2nd of the game. 3-1 Oil Kings!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Even though I am not a big Brossoit fan, everyone knows he's better than the other player on the opponent side of the ice performing his best Simple Jack impressions. :shakehead

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
CURTIS LAZAR with a sexy goal. Knocking it out of the air. Stephane Legault also gets his 3rd helper of the night! Oil Kings up 4-1 late in the 3rd. :wave:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Even though I am not a big Brossoit fan, everyone knows he's better than the other player on the opponent side of the ice performing his best Simple Jack impressions. :shakehead

And Carruth even played in the AHL a little bit this year. That sais how Good Brossy will be. Bright future forsure.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Greatest matchup that could've happened, IMO. The Oil Kings will make it in the end but it'll go down to game 7 (at least this is what I think and hope).

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
That was an amazing first period by Portland. Outplayed the Kings in every facet of the game. A great turnaround by Edmonton in the back 9 of the game really took the wind out of the Hawk's sails.

How beautiful was the disallowed Leipsic goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad