WJC: 2011 U18 World Championship (rosters and general talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
The game isn't over yet...

I don't necessarily mean his defensive play, which I think is still fine. What I mean more are some of the chances he takes. For example, in the 2nd period against Russia, he broke up the right side, put the puck between the Russian defenders legs, walked around him and got a great scoring chance. Stuff like that will not work at the next level. That defensive player could have easily picked that puck off and turned it up ice for an odd man break the other way. NHL teams have to see that and likely won't be overly blown away by some of the things he pulls against 17 year old players.

I still think he is a great prospect and a valid top 10 pick, I just don't expect some of his bread and butter moves to translate all that well.

They said the same thing when he was playing for York Simcoe before entering the OHL. No sense in changing him. He's a big time difference maker that will make whatever team takes him very happy with the offensive punch he provides from the blue line.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
******* tsn the philly game isn't gonna be on for 20+min you can easily watch the rest of the game and the panel gets a rest, who doesn't want a small rest during the playoffs? Edit: nvm, thanks tsn. Zibanejad score a sick OT goal plz!

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Who cares. Point is you whine and make excuses just as much as anyone else.

Being treated unfairly gives you the right to speak up and even makes excuses. Not being able to use your best players due to the tournament going at the same time as junior leagues playoffs isn't unfair, it's a choice by the league in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad