WJC: 2011 U18 World Championship (rosters and general talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's my first time seeing him, even though he toured through near me this winter as his team was in SK with the u-17 team. Buddies that saw him live said he was amazing for a 16 year old.

Kevin Malone

Jul 3, 2009
So I'm watching this Sweeden-USA game on TSN and it is halfway through the first period and the crowd is still standing.

Is it normal for the crowd to stand during the entire game?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So I'm watching this Sweeden-USA game on TSN and it is halfway through the first period and the crowd is still standing.

In Europe there are standing sections. Maybe that's why?

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon

Depends. There might be a standing section. Even when they build new arenas in eu there is usually a standing section because some fans want it. And it's very cheap tickets.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The standing sections are also often used by the "fanclubs", the most devoted fans who are in a way responsible for creating the atmpospehere and often even have agreements with the team, which allows them stuff like getting cheaper tickets, direct contact with players etc......

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
1-1.

Got to give it to the american usntp system, they developed a rythm for coming back each time they're down. . You think coaching staffs would figure this out by now, and beat them at their own game.

By breaking down on their pinching, two on one's, speed bursts by the boards. Americans really developed a counter attack system, you'd think coaches would find a way to impose a game plan. :teach2:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Would just like to know, how am I suppose to pronounce the name of Slater Koekkoek ? The french announcers on RDS pronounced it "Kewkew" and it seemed weird to me.

Also, any thoughts on how Seth Jones (US) has played during this tournament ? I'm really high on him and would like to know how he played despite his young age. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad