2011 Team Canada U18 - Preliminary Lineup

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Mark McNeill should be there and I would have to imagine Eric Williams will be in consideration in goal.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Apparently London Knights Scott Harrington and Seth Griffith will be on the team.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Catenacci is a lock as well and I heard that a third Hound, Ryan Sproul, is under consideration.

I don't see Sproul making the team, although he had a good year and an amazing second half (scoring as many goals as Ellis and Murphy), with Murphy's Rangers being eliminated.. I don't see them bringing him, as Ryan will get the edge. Unless they decide, overall his skating ability for a big defensemen, his size, and his shot is to much to pass on.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I don't see Sproul making the team, although he had a good year and an amazing second half (scoring as many goals as Ellis and Murphy), with Murphy's Rangers being eliminated.. I don't see them bringing him, as Ryan will get the edge. Unless they decide, overall his skating ability for a big defensemen, his size, and his shot is to much to pass on.

So this is what the team should look like tomorrow when announced;

Catenacci - Cousins - Ritchie
St.Croix-McNeill-Griffith
Hudon-Scheifele-Andrews
Lowry-Quine-Ewanyk
Smith

Murray - Harrington
Murphy - Ceci
Bell-Sproull
Koekkoek

Subban
D'Agostini

Last edited:

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
So this is what the team should look like tomorrow when announced;

Catenacci - Cousins - Ritchie
St.Croix-McNeill-Griffith
Curtis-Scheifele-Puempel
Lowry-Quine-Ewanyk
Smith

Murray - Harrington
Murphy - Ceci
Bell-Sproull
Koekkoek

Subban
Liston

Matt Puempel is still injured I do believe. As well Andrew D'Agostini has been confirmed on the team, or so Petes GM Dave Reid says.

Other then that looks good.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
your missing Brent Andrews and Charles Hudon from the Q who have been confirmed to the team

little surprise Olivier Archambault & J-F Leblanc are not on that team. Leblanc was hurt in the playoff wich could explain but Archambault is ultra skill and could be even better on big ice.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Team Canada going with a pretty young blueline. Interesting to see someone like Griffin Reinhart being left off. Thought he would be a lock for the team.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Griffith had a great playoffs, a very solid year and with this tourney could really see his draft stock rise

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Griffith had a great playoffs, a very solid year and with this tourney could really see his draft stock rise

I wouldnt say he had a great playoff... he did all his scoring on the PP... a couple of those games he looked lost.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
N. Cousins - D. Catenacci - A. Brassard
C.S Hudon- M. McNeil - B. Ritchie
E. Locke - M. Scheifele - S. Griffith
B. Andrews - A. Quine - C. Smith
T. Ewanyk

R. Murray - R. Murphy
S. Koekkoek - R. Scarlett
S. Harrington - M. Reilly
C. Ceci

M. Subban
A. D'Agostini

How I'd set up lines to begin with but they always change.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Team Canada going with a pretty young blueline. Interesting to see someone like Griffin Reinhart being left off. Thought he would be a lock for the team.

Reinhart had been hurting, so he may have been left off for that reason. I was surprised none the less.

A bit young perhaps, but also remember Ceci, while a 2012 draft year, has more Junior games under his belt than the 2011 draft elligible players other than Murphy. Plus Ryan Murray is a heck of a player, 2012 or otherwise.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I'm disappointed, seriously this kid is so underated.

That tells you why he is not here. If people think he is not as good as he really is, then you have to be that much better to make it.

Overrated players would stand a much better chance ....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad